kayjaydo

The Elephant House

The Elephant House
kayjaydo, Nov 10, 2018
Description:
I found out about this place through layouts here in the gallery before we went to Scotland this year, and as BIG Harry Potter fans, we just had to visit.
And then when I saw yet another layout in Kat's gallery I just HAD to use it for the Scraplift Challenge. I mainly lifted the theme, multiple photos and Font for the title.
The left corner looks rather messy, that is another photo of the toilet walls in the cafe, all comments, quotes and thanks to Harry Potter...could have spent hours in there reading them all....

Here is the layout I lifted:
[​IMG]

My Credits:
Wizardry by Kate Hadfield
Template - Focal Point by Scrapping with Liz
Paper - Feel Tha Funk by Etc by Danyale
Crest, Banners - Mischief Managed by Bella Gypsy
Font - Parry Hotter
Dalis, FarrahJobling and cfile like this.
    • cfile
      You know I love this Kerri!! I will be back to properly comment.. I just wanted to quicl say I LOVE this.. before I went out :)
      kayjaydo likes this.
    • QuiltyMom
      I love this lift! I first see that fun large photo before realizing there's more photos to see. That's so cool! Great job! And thanks for playing along with the challenge.
      kayjaydo likes this.
    • bellbird
      Happy 100th page & what a beauty! Love the big photo background & inset pics with the HP ellie's like the hat hanging off the corner!
      kayjaydo likes this.
    • HeatherB
      I love how you used a large photo for the background. This is fantastic!
    • Dalis
      First of all on 100 pages this year, woot woot!!!!! Second, how totally cool is that place! I seriously love the detail of blending the wall writings into the page.
    • cfile
      Yay congrats too on an awesome page to be your 100th layout!! I am back.. The photos you took are fantastic! The window in that back corner is the actual corner that JKR sat at and looked at the E castle while writing her book. Also out that window across the street is the Kirkyard Cemetary where the Greyfriar's Bobby is laid to rest and also where JKR got a lot of the character names from for the HP books... the school next to the cemetary is also a part of her vision for Hogwarts as it had 4 pointed pillar caps which basically represented the houses :) I learned that all from Mr. Wallace a caretaker at the Kirkyard. Tom Riddle's grave is there .. along with others.. fascinating as you tour Edinburgh how many "Easter Eggs" are there for HP stories :) I love how you arranged the composition of your page.. what a terrific lift Kerri! Love it!! (PS when in the Elephant house did you see all the HP graffiti on the walls of the restroom? HA HA! ) Great page!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Scraplift Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    kayjaydo
    Date:
    Nov 10, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    139.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).