KAPOH

Take-My-Breath-Away

Take-My-Breath-Away
KAPOH, Jun 15, 2016
Description:
JOURNALING: It was in a freezing cold ice rink on the outskirts of Cleveland OH in February, 2000 where the US National Figure Skating Novice Ice Dancing competition took place. That is when they first took my breath away. They only finished 6th that year, but I could tell from the moment I saw them on the ice that they were a team to watch. And, for nearly a decade and a half, they would continue to take my breath away as I watched them in every one of their national championships slowly climb the Ice Dancing ranks to become the most celebrated team in US history. They would have 3 perfect seasons and win 6 straight US National Championships at the senior level; 5 straight Grand Prix finals; 3 Four Continents Championships; and 3 Olympic medals, one of each color, culminating in the first-ever US Gold Medal in Ice Dancing in 2014 at the Sochi Olympics. Meryl Davis and Charlie White never failed to take my breath away with their amazing talent. And it all started in a freezing cold ice rink on the outskirts of Cleveland, OH.

CREDITS: PHOTO: gamedayr.com; CLIPART; KITS: Winter Games by Kate Hadfield; Nordland by Lynn Grieveson; FONT: Cursive
KarenB likes this.
    • jenn mccabe
      i love the olympic rings and medals... and the before and after photos. this is such a cool idea to scrap a fave skating couple and how you first came to follow them ... love your page and your journaling. great idea!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    KAPOH
    Date:
    Jun 15, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    133 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    640px
    Height:
    495px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).