Cherylndesigns

SWL-36-IN-36 September

SWL-36-IN-36 September
Cherylndesigns, Sep 7, 2020
Description:
I used 36 "fun" and "not so fun" facts from our recent move from Florida to Oklahoma. SwL_12_18MISTemplate; M3June20 pp and elements; state symbols free on internet.
    • cfile
      Great page but what an ordeal to move in re the Hurricane and all.... so glad you are there safely!!! I had a fire alarm when we were staying in Vegas at the MGM Grand back in 1997 ... I was in our hotel room and my husband was in the convention area on the other side of the hotel setting stuff up... we did not have cell phones then and I was grabbing everything LOL thankfully it was a false alarm.. I never had to leave the room, but I would have been crazed if it happened during a move. Blessings and hope you are almost unpacked in your new home!
    • marijke
      Cheryl ... fabulous page ... OMG such a move ... I only moved once ... just three blocks away ... in the morning we started with all kinds of furniture breaking out ... and in the evening we slept in our new house in our own bed ... I can't imagine what it is to drive for four days ... and stay in a hotel all those days ... lots of good cheer with unpacking!
    • umyesh
      Wonderful journaling for this challenge! Your drive through the hurricane reminds me of when we drove through a storm in Texas when I was little; I was terrified! I'd never seen so much rain in my entire life!
    • frani_54
      Awesome page, will share with my daughter, they just moved to Arkansas and encountered the last of the Laura Hurricane. She was white knuckled through the last part of her trip....
    • Donitab
      Love this - love all your little facts and your states. FYI - I live pretty close tou your lower button in the Texas panhandle. We are neighbors.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @cfile It was such an ordeal, Christa! We drove through Laura - that was hair raising, then that very night (probably due to the power outages) we had that fire alarm at 4 AM!! We actually were told to leave our rooms, do NOT take the elevators - we were on the 5th floor) and proceed to the lobby. The sound was absolutely deafening! Poor Daisy was howling. I went out first and saw people pouring out of their rooms and pulling on their clothes - I looked down into the middle of the hotel and there were the firefighters in full gear! It was so frightening! About the time Chuck got up and got dressed, they started coming down the aisleways telling everybody it was a false alarm. So, you KNOW how frightening a thing it is! That was a first and I hope a last! But we made it, thank God.
      cfile likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @marijke Oh, it's been an ordeal, Marijke! One I hope to never made again. We stayed a few days in a local hotel while the packers and movers were there, then the nights on the road, then several days after our arrival until we could get into our house. It was a total of 14 days in various hotels. YIKES!
    • Cherylndesigns
      @umyesh It was terrifying, Monica! You've been through one, so you can relate. I had to document that trip - it was certainly an eventful one!
      umyesh likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @frani_54 Oh dear, I can sympathize with your daughter, Frani. It was totally white knuckles! I was so glad my husband was driving! I said at one point (when we had zero visibility) "What are we going to do"? He said "were going to keep driving - we have no choice." We couldn't even see where the side of the road was if we tried to pull over. When he told me the wind was picking up our SUV, I about lost it. I thought it was high water hitting the bottom of our car. Something (he doesn't know what) actually knocked our cruise control out! He's a "car guy" and he said he'd never heard of that happening!
    • Cherylndesigns
      @Donitab You ARE right below us (state-wise). My step son lives in the Dallas suburbs and he's about 3 1/2 hours away. If you like to boat - look up Lake Tenkiller - it's been rated as one of the top recreational lakes in the US - we can see Tenkiller off in the distance from our property.
      Donitab likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Scrapping with Liz
    Uploaded By:
    Cherylndesigns
    Date:
    Sep 7, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    107 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    500px
    Height:
    500px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).