suefalstaff

summer_walks

summer_walks
suefalstaff, Aug 3, 2014
Description:

My journaling reads:
I don’t want to jinx it, but we’ve actually had a pretty nice summer (so far) this year. There’s been the odd rainy day, but they’ve been far outnumbered by all the gloriously sunny days we’ve enjoyed. It’s been lovely to get out of the office at lunchtime. Rather than taking my usual stroll around Milton Park, I’ve ventured across the neighbouring fields and out into the beautiful Oxfordshire countryside. I’ve taken the opportunity to grab a few snapshots of the surrounding area, with its fields of ripening, golden wheat and acre after acre of wild-flower meadows. Late summer fruits are almost ready for picking. Is there anything better than plucking a ripe blackberry straight from the bush and savouring it’s juicy sweetness? It’ll soon be time to bake apple & blackberry pies! I also took “before” and “after” photos of the Didcot power station cooling towers. Some friends got up at 3am to watch the demolition, but I was content to watch on tv, as the towers fell, seeming to dissolve in on themselves and disappear into dust. The horizon will never look the same again.

Thanks for looking & reading!

Credits:
Papers - One Little Bird, One For The Album Papers
Arrows + flowers - One Little Bird, One For The Album Elements
Hello journal card - One Little Bird, One For The Album Journaling Cards
Labels - One Little Bird, Sunshine In My Soul
Cork heart - One Little Bird, Forever Young
Summer Memories WA - One Little Bird, Pedal Pusher
Most other elements - One Little Bird, Around Here Elements
Pocket overlay - Valorie Wibbens, Pockets No.3:The Basics
(all available here at The Lilypad)
    • Katherine B
      Such a lovely PL LO. Loved that you included your journaling in your description so that it could be read!
    • ChantalK
      Awesome uniform PL page Sue. Loving all that yellow!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    One Little Bird
    Uploaded By:
    suefalstaff
    Date:
    Aug 3, 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count: