mywisecrafts

Social Butterfly (NOT)

Social Butterfly (NOT)
mywisecrafts, Aug 24, 2020
Description:
I have a ton of photos to scrap. Some will be digital books and some will be scrap journals (I recently switched to scrap journals vs traditional scrapbooks). Since I have so much work to do and lots of physical paper in my stash, I wanted to play with a hybrid approach. Here is my first attempt at that.

Represented in my layout, photo of a scrap journal layout that I completed using BYOC product.

For the background of the scrap journal: the right hand page, I blended 2 papers to create the background that shows the astrology wheel reduced opacity and printed. Paired it with another paper that I printed at reduced opacity. I wanted the left paper to compliment the color of the right so I chose a different paper and printed one at reduced opacity and the other at regular opacity to give it that look. Both pages have the ripped edges (as my journal has ripped edged pages) and inked some of the edges with various shades of purple.

For the elements on the scrap journal, I did a lot of print and cut with my cricut machine and also used some silhouettes from BYOC product and cut with cricut machine.

For the digital portion of this layout, I used of lot drop shadowing, layer masking and layer blending modes to achieve this look.

I’m breaking my credits up into 2 sections, 1 for the scrap journal piece as represented in the photo and then one for the digital component of my layout.

Scrap Journal Credits:
Connected: Quick Pages by Little Butterfly Wings (used the frame)
Connected: Bundle by Little Butterfly Wings
StoryTeller August 2020 by Just Jaimee
Boho Vibes by Lynn Grieveson
Art Crush 30 Artsy Bits & Pieces by NBK Designs
Stay Wild, Moon Child Word Art by Bella Gypsy
Messy Threads were created by me with purple thread

Digital Layout Credits:
Connected: Quick Pages by Little Butterfly Wings
Connected: Bundle by Little Butterfly Wings
StoryTeller August 2020 by Just Jaimee
Exhale Elements by Pink Reptile Designs
Step by Step MMA by Rachel Jeffries
Greta Gramercy Botanicals by Rebecca McMeen
Art Crush 30 Artsy Bits & Pieces by NBK Designs
Art Crush 30 Paper Mix by NBK Designs
Wanderlust Papeterie by NBK Designs
Purple Stitching in the book created by Me
font: American Typewriter
RJMJ likes this.
    • IntenseMagic
      What an absolutely gorgeous page and such a fabulous mix of products!! This is so unique and creative!! Very inspiring page!!
    • mywisecrafts
      @IntenseMagic thank you....it got hairy there for a minute trying to then represent it digitally, but I pushed through and learned a lot in this layout as well (some things to do and some things not to do! LOL).
    • Nemla
      It looks like you had fun with the journal. Great page.
    • mywisecrafts
    • RJMJ
      @mywisecrafts ...Yet Another Inspirational Layout My Friend!...I Was Lucky Enough To Get A Sneak Peek!...Friendship Is Everything!...So Much Wonderful Time & Work You Put Into This!...I Love The Photos!...Your Journal!...& The BG Paper & "Connecting" Colors You Used To Put It All Together!...LOVE!...:bk...
    • jk703
      This is so creative and I'm so glad you pushed through to complete it! It's a super fab idea! The kits you have work so well together, and I love the journal pages on top of the BG. What a fun way to scrap!
    • mywisecrafts
      @jk703 Thank you. I appreciate your kind words....
      @RJMJ not sure how I missed your post earlier my friend! Yes, friendship is everything. Thank you for the love.....means so much!
      RJMJ and jk703 like this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    BYOC Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    mywisecrafts
    Date:
    Aug 24, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    125.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).