bjthomas, Sep 18, 2021
Description:
Kits:
Explore | Lynne-Marie
PM Wilderness | Sahlin Studio & Britt-ish Designs
Template:
No (collab) | Scrapping with Liz
Journaling:
We heard about the Tower Falls at Yellowstone and wanted to check them out ... we did not read ahead of time that they're best seen from the lookout near the top, so we made our way down to the bottom of the path to try to get a good view and some pictures of the falls. We were greatly disappointed and then I realized that now we had to hike all the way back up... David and the kids were steadily making good progress, as I complained the whole time. We finally came to a switchback and I let them know that I couldn't take another step even if my life depended on it. They continued on ahead of me as I took a quick break. Finally I told myself it was time to suck it up and get moving - I couldn't stay there all day! So, I slowly turned the corner, feeling every single step ... and looked to my left ... and there he was. Just minding his own business, about 3 feet away. We both startled each other at the same time and all of the sudden I found a new burst of energy as I began racing up the hill ... much to the shock and awe of my family and a few other onlookers. I know, you're not supposed to run when you see a bear, but somehow all common sense disappears when you’re staring into the face of a young cub and your only thought is that you need to get out of there before mama bear shows up! The cub ran behind me for a few feet before veering off to the right back into the woods and safety. After getting to the top and reporting the bear sighting, we found out that he was a one-year-old cub who had been abandoned by his mom earlier that season.
LivyBug and MishSpar like this.
    • bestcee
      Oh my gosh! Did you snap a photo before you headed up? I love how many details you added into the story.

Also, I totally commiserate with you! I'm the worst on any hike with lots of elevation. I'll walk for miles straight, but up and down? Nope. Don't wanna!
    • bjthomas
      @bestcee I did not take a picture before heading up ... nor did my husband - a photographer - get a picture of me running towards him. So many regrets, but definitely glad I am able to tell the story today ;)
      bestcee likes this.
    • jk703
      Oh gosh - so much happening! The first hike down, the hike up, rest and eeeeeeekkkkk! I love the story and you really paint a great picture of what happened. Fantastic page!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    bjthomas
    Date:
    Sep 18, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    524.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).