cookingmylife

Sept-18-I-Wander Travel in my Mind

Sept-18-I-Wander Travel in my Mind
cookingmylife, Sep 18, 2020
Description:
I only know the woman on the far right, my paternal grandmother. Nora Veronica Boyle. She was a strong woman, lifting kegs of beer on her own & tall, nearly 6 ft. She ruled her household with an iron hand. But are the other women her sisters and a niece??? There’s no one left to ask...

On sale (20% off) Sep 18-20
lgrieveson_I_wander
https://the-lilypad.com/store/I-Wander-Kit.html

Also using but not on sale
lgrieveson_cartography_tp
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Cartography-templates.html

Thanks for looking!
    • flowersgal
      I love the photo and your story about her. Just wish you could have found a way to make it a part of the layout. I have a small box full of photos that I can't identify that I inherited and believe me I have tried over the years hauling them to various relatives but alas -- no help. Someday I think I'll just tell the story and use some of them in a layout even without identification. Beautiful colors for your vintage layout.
    • cookingmylife
      @flowersgal Story is here in the bottom left corner. I may enlarge it and put in higher up for printing so dh can read it. Size was just a bit of a compromise for the look. ;)
    • Angela Toucan
      lovely journaling and photo. fabulous page
    • flowersgal
      @cookingmylife - sorry, my not so sharp eyes missed it in this small edition. As we age, size of type is definitely an issue.
    • LynnG
      This is fabulous. What a wonderful use of that treasure of a photo. And wow, Nora sounds intimidating!
    • mcurtt
      I love that faded part of your ancestry that you have shared. It is perfect with the papers.
    • cookingmylife
      @LynnG Oh she was!! She was the total opposite of my maternal grandmother and fortunately I lived with that one for 3 yrs. Plus Nana Boyle was the kind of cook that gave the British and Irish their bad reputations.
    • Nemla
      It is a beautiful page, and a good way to use the photo.
    • Cherylndesigns
      This is just wonderful! Women used to be super strong and had to be! I've heard stories, particularly from my late Mother-in-law about all the things she used to do. She helped her husband build houses. She was not much shy of 6 feet either.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lynn Grieveson
    Uploaded By:
    cookingmylife
    Date:
    Sep 18, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    247.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).