trekmom

Scrapping With Liz May 22 Template Challenge Hand Carved Bed At Restore

Scrapping With Liz May 22 Template Challenge Hand Carved Bed At Restore
trekmom, May 31, 2022
Description:
I used the lovely template provided and from Scrapping With Liz Circle Grid 2.
I couldn't believe that this gorgeous hand carved bed was donated to Restore when it should be in a museum. I did a lot internet searching and found out it's a wedding bed or could even be an opium bed, quite the fancy place to get wasted or have your honeymoon in. I wish I had somewhere to put it or even the $$ to buy it but alas, no. I would have hung up part of it on the wall as decor and that would be waste of such beauty. My husband, Captain Kill Joy said our wall could never support the weight anyway.
    • AJK
      Ohhhh man! What a subject for the page! Something I too would buy and always have desired. Thanks for sharing!
      trekmom likes this.
    • trekmom
      @AJK The carvings were brilliant. Thank you. I love thrift stores, especially Restore because it helps Habitat for Humanity. People donate furniture and you can find real wood furniture, not this particle board stuff.
    • Cherylndesigns
      This is such a striking page and that bed!!!! I would definitely want it too - I love the way you worked it into the template. You must be like me - I take pictures of everything! "Captain Kill Joy" :compcoffee:lol:lol
      trekmom likes this.
    • Scrapping with Liz
      Love how you focused in on that photo!
      trekmom likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      trekmom likes this.
    • trekmom
      @Cherylndesigns This is how you stay married for almost 38 years, a good sense of humor. Thank you so much, you've made my day! Everything interests me, I love details. I also joke about my dear husband when someone asks if I want something, like a chicken and I tell them Bill said no. I haven't asked Bill but Bill said no.
      @Scrapping with Liz Thank you, I appreciate your kind words.
    • ajm
      What a beautiful piece of furniture and so beautifully scrapped! Congrats on the GSO!
      trekmom likes this.
    • Cristina
      LOL the journaling is too funny! This is truly a wonderful piece, I love how you used the grid to focus on the bird carving!
      trekmom likes this.
    • trekmom
      @ajm Thank you so much.
      @Cristina Thank you, after almost 38 years of marriage, I'm allowed to give him silly nick names but he is right, our walls would never support the weight of that carved wood. He also says I can't have chickens. He's no fun.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @trekmom Hahaha - I do the same thing and mine doesn't care, either and I rarely even ask him. We've been married 40 years, so it must be a secret ingredient! I just LOVE your page and how you scrapped that fabulous headboard!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Scrapping with Liz
    Uploaded By:
    trekmom
    Date:
    May 31, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.7 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3600px
    Height:
    3600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).