dotcomkari

Road Trip!!

Road Trip!!
dotcomkari, Jan 31, 2017
Description:
MOC 31: MAP

In the middle of Aug 2016; Eric, Neelix and I loaded the car for a day trip to St. Paul. A co-worker from work had been talking about the Hmong Village there and how it was a must see. Eric and I are always up for an adventure and trying out new and exciting places and experiences. We left about 10:30 am and made our way up the river to St. Paul The morning was pretty eventful and we stopped for nothing but gas and a walk around a park to stretch our legs. Around 11:45 we made it to Rochester, MN. We made our way to our favorite lunch spot, FIVE GUYS!, where we had an amazing lunch. Seriously they have the best burgers ever! (Eric says he would go bankrupt if we had one closer!). Then back in the car for another good hour and a half till we reached St. Paul. The Hmong Village is located inside an old train station in St. Paul, MN. It looks like nothing special on the outside, but inside it is like a whole other world. Inside we were surrounded by the sights and smells of the Hmong Culture. Booths and booths of Hmong clothing and goods, Asian market foods and my favorite…Hmong food! We spent hours upon hours walking up and down the aisles looking at different things. We even had the chance to try some fruits and veggies we had never seen before! Around dinner time we made our way to the food court where we learned $20 could stretch far as we tried numerous meal items ranging from pork belly to mango flavored icey drinks and spring rolls. (My favorite was the large noodle dish). After dinner we walked about some more as we were stuffed and needed to walk it off before heading back to our car and making the 2 and a half hour drive back home to La Crosse.

Credits:
Heather Joyce: The Valerie
Little Butterfly Wings: Butterfly Basics: Travel, Butterfly Basics: New Years, Moving Time
Kim Jensen: Pinned Purple Paper Dates
Dotcomkari: Tapey Frames
LoveItScrapIt likes this.
    • bestcee
      Fun road trip! I love the details about how far the $20 stretched, and how the building inside was wonderful.
    • Neverland Scraps
      Love your highlights from your road trip!! Hubby likes Five Guys too!!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 5
    Uploaded By:
    dotcomkari
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    162 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).