wvufan04

Retirement

Retirement
wvufan04, Aug 29, 2022
Description:
FiddleDeeDee Designs Just Smile DU Template
Just Jaime Storyteller Sept 2021

Journaling reads
Retirements are a big deal in so many ways of course, especially from the military. This was the day that my dad retired after 24 years of service in the Air Force. I was in college, and it was a day that really impacted me. Growing up, I appreciated that my dad served our country, I was always so proud of him for what he did to serve others. There was never a doubt about that. But sitting there as I was at the very beginning of just dreaming of starting my career, life on my own in the near future the impact of just what his career meant really took hold on me. It wasn’t just about the years of service, it was about the dedication each day to be sure he showed up for those he served with, for those who counted on him. He showed up for his family, for the families of those who he served with for the families of others who he never knew. He sacrificed time at home, time with us not because he wanted to be away but so that there was freedom. Freedom for me to have my career choices wide open, a voice to be heard even when I disagreed with him on social or political issues. Then I sat waiting to give my small speech, I listened to others speak of the accomplishments my dad had in his career - so many things I had no idea about, so many things that left me speechless. Overwhelmingly though, it was his character and his commitment to his people that had the greatest impact on everyone that spoke.
caapmun and Karen like this.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    wvufan04
    Date:
    Aug 29, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    430.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).