Remember

Remember
Skivvy, Jan 25, 2021
Description:
Allison Pennington - Storytelling
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Storytelling.html

Lynn Grieveson - Hit the road kit
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Hit-the-Road-Kit.html

What do you remember about our German House?

I asked both my kids what they remembered about our house that we lived in when we were expats in Germany from 2001-2004. They were 8 and nine years old respectively when we arrived in Germany. They could both remember the address but only Monique remembered that the house number was 20.

Claudia (YOUNGEST): I am an architect now and the most amazing thing that I remembered is that the house had a downstairs mezzanine level where Monique and I slept. The rooms were half in the ground and the windows in all the bedrooms were on ground level. If I crawled out of my window I was in the garden. I also remembered a big pine tree that looked like a monster just outside my bedroom. I also remember cutting the grass all by myself.

Monique (OLDEST): The biggest memory I have of the house is running around the big center pillar. I remember that when you entered the house there was a place to take off your shoes and jackets. When you entered the inside of the house, the kitchen was on the right and off the kitchen was the dining room where grandma made Marie Claire cry. Then came the big living room where I watched the grand finale of Friends and cried. The house was on many levels and the upstairs had a spare room and a bathroom and the master bedroom and an on suite bathroom. I distinctly remember me being violently sick in that bathroom and you giving me pills. We were on the half downstairs level and there was a bathroom on the right and Claudia and my bedroom and our playroom.

Me: There were three bedrooms downstairs? Both my girls were adamant, but I could for the life of me not remember that third room downstairs. They even both drew a floorplan of the downstairs and were in complete agreement to that floorplan. I then went into our photo archives of that time and could not find one single photo taken in that room. The problem is that what I can remember of the downstairs mezzanine level does not make sense and that the only logical explanation is that that third room existed.
    • Saar
      Oh this is beautiful. I love your take on the challenge. I love that you wrote down the interview on a notebook and included a pencil. I love the photos as well.
    • StefanieS
      Love the neat journaled notebook as the home for everything you're written.
      Super fun photos add extra details. Well done.
    • bcgal00
      Wonderful page! Love the notepad with the journaling on it!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    Skivvy
    Date:
    Jan 25, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    240.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    864px
    Height:
    864px
    Date / Time:
    2014:01:27 21:56:52

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).