Random Challenge_ The Almond Game

Random Challenge_ The Almond Game
SharLamb, Dec 1, 2019
Description:
Soco_Hope_02.psd (template)
lgrieveson_season-of-magic-2
rjefferies-idomyownthing-miscpaperie-04
lgrieveson_season-of-magic-1
Photos: The 2 larger ones are mine. The mousse is from Curious Cuisiniere on the internet
Fonts: Avenier Next Condensed and Bitlimero Script (with glyphs)

Journaling:
My stepdad was from Denmark, and introduced this game to our family. The Christmas dessert started out as rice pudding with a blanched almond hidden in it. The object was to find the almond without eating it, but to hide it until all the dessert was eaten. The one who found it got a prize. Over the years the dessert evolved to be an applesauce layered with sweetened crumbs of some kind. When my mother retired from making the dessert I took over and made the executive decision to make a dessert that everyone actually liked. I rotated desserts...apple crisp...chocolate mousse, but most often an English trifle. I have never found the almond, but since I know where I put it, I always avoid dishing it to myself. The most difficult part of the game now is finding a prize that is appropriate for any age since we range from 5 years old to 73!
KarenB likes this.
    • keepscrappin
      YUM! What a fun tradition! love all the different desserts you've done it with.
      SharLamb likes this.
    • *gina*
      fantastic page and what a wonderful tradition
      SharLamb likes this.
    • ashleywb
      This is so fun - I loved reading about the tradition, particularly when you decided to make a dessert everyone actually liked! :giggle Pretty page design with those strips of sprinkled paper.
      SharLamb likes this.
    • cookingmylife
      Love the story but it was the title that caught my eye! I must learn how to use the glyphs...someday!
      SharLamb likes this.
    • bellbird
      i love this story! i saw this in the thread just now and think it's such a wonderful story and tradition - my mother's family apparently had a similar tradition with an old fashion coin (from the days when our coins were made of more pure metals apparently) and i agree, the best part of this is you changing up the desserts so everyone enjoyed the game more! :beat
      SharLamb likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Random Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    SharLamb
    Date:
    Dec 1, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    144.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).