mcurtt

Rachel-Jefferies_2019-02_February-Challenge_web

Rachel-Jefferies_2019-02_February-Challenge_web
    • Cherylndesigns
      Oh my what a fantastic picture, Marilyn!!! It looks like NYC. Wonderful interpretation of the challenge!!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • mcurtt
      @Cherylndesigns Thank you! I think it was probably the south side of Chicago. This is a pic of my DH's maternal great-grandmother. They were married back in 1906 in Trenton, NJ, but after the birth of their three children, they moved to Chicago. I'm speculating on the date of the photo, nothing was noted...
    • flowersgal
      Marilyn, you know I love your vintage photos but I just can't wrap my head around putting them in such a modern setting. And you know I want more of the story on the layout. Just my thing, I guess. This is certainly a creative take.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @mcurtt Oh, it could have totally been Chicago. It just reminded me of the brownstones I've seen in NY. It's a wonderful photo, wherever it was!!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • tracymonica
      @mcurtt Love this photos and the scrap :) I think I will do a vintage one also :)
      mcurtt likes this.
    • mcurtt
      @flowersgal @tracymonica Thank you both! I do enjoy the challenge of using vintage in my digital layouts. I'm sure my ancestors would enjoy them, well maybe... I don't know if I would ever use this photo for a heritage spread, considering it is real life, she has obviously been sweeping up, not very glamorous. So this way, I get to use it and create a page I'll smile at. If you notice to the left of the photo, I do reference just about everything I know about the photo, which is who is in it and approximately when it was taken. I wish there were someone alive who could give me a bit more insight, but when I am dealing with the vintage pics that are in my possession, it is what it is. And Tracy, please tag me if you do a vintage layout, I'd love to see it. And Patsy, if you do decide to give it a try, tag me as well. :-)
      tracymonica likes this.
    • mimisgirl
      Awesome!! I really love this!!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • tracymonica
      Will do Marilyn :) I a hope you do not mind if I scrap-lift this :) I am planning on using a vintage Chicago photo also:)
      mcurtt likes this.
    • mcurtt
      tracymonica likes this.
    • Sokee
      This is simply FANtastic!!
      mcurtt likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Rachel Jefferies
    Uploaded By:
    mcurtt
    Date:
    Feb 4, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    244.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    776px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).