RJMJ

Rachel Jefferies-Mixed Media Challenge-September 2020-Embracing The Past By Moving Forward

Rachel Jefferies-Mixed Media Challenge-September 2020-Embracing The Past By Moving Forward
RJMJ, Sep 6, 2020
Description:
Wonderful Challenge!...Before I Started Using Photoshop Awhile Ago Now...My Shadowing Work Was Pretty Bad...But I Didn't Realize It...Until I Started Looking At Other People's Layouts...& I Got Some Help With Learning How To Shadow Properly From Some Of The Technique Challenges Here...So Now Hopefully I Can Say That I Now Know How To Shadow Properly...With Diverse Methods...Using Opacity,Blending & Glows...There Are Lots Of Various Techniques That I Used Here In My Layout...Shadowing Makes All The Difference In My Layouts Now...It Has Improved Them By A Mile...I Can Create So Much More & Achieve So Many More Looks Now...

*My Layout Today Is All About Making "Peace" With Your Younger Self...Learning How To Embrace Your Past...All The Good,The Bad & The Ugly!...We Are The Sum Total Of Our Past,Present & Future Selves...But Moving Forward Into The Future Requires You To Make Peace With Your Past Mistakes...And Hopefully Learn From Them...Heal & Move Forward...In A More Positive Way...So You Can Open Up Your Heart & Mind To More Of Life's Possibilities!...And Perhaps...Embrace A More Hopeful! & Positive Outlook Moving Forward Into The Future...The Green Leaves Loosely Represent Your Wings...To Fly Forward Into The Future...& The Arms In The Middle Look Like They Are Attempting To Holding Hands...So As To Embrace The Past With The Present...And Attempt To Move Forward Into The Future...With A Brighter Outlook For All The Possibilities That The Future May Hold...

*Everything In My Layout Is All Rachel's Except The Photos & The WA:"I'll Find My Way":Created Using A Font In PSE

*For My Embracing The Past By Moving Forward Layout:

*Step By Step-Rachel Jefferies
*We Are All Connected-Rachel Jefferies
ajm, mywisecrafts and cinderella like this.
    • keepscrappin
      jaw drop... you always blow me away with your ability to blended and work product and colors in such masterful, beautiful and powerful ways to portray the message. i wanna scrap aj like you when i grow up.
      RJMJ likes this.
    • ArmyGrl
      It makes my heart so happy that you've joined the RJ Mixed Media - Shadow challenge this month.

Of course, I am going to look and observe, and find my own meaning in art. This is what your art says to me (and perhaps part of that message is due to my current circumstances)....

What I see first are the black and white stripes. Like the uniform of a prisoner. And in that there is a feeling of being oppressed.

Theses stripes are repeated, at different sizes and dominate the bottom 1/3 to 1/2 of the layout. I do believe the stripes are the girls clothing.

I see the words "I will find my own way," "Step by Step," and "I'm on the right path." And then I notice the gal with defiance in her eyes. She is a stubborn one.

I see that there are golden leaves, like light, trying to take over. Perhaps they are but embers from a fire. I would say the darker undercurrents are dominant at the top, as they are on the bottom. I see mushrooms. I see flowers. I see butterflies. All the things that, to me, represent magic and transformation.

There is such a strong, dark undercurrent, that my interpretation, I think, is a bit different than your own. But that is okay. Art is going to be felt and interpreted differently from one unique individual to the next. And for sure, our current situations are going to put a spin on our feelings.
      flowersgal and RJMJ like this.
    • mywisecrafts
      @RJMJ I'm still in love with this layout as when you started showing me the beginnings of it. I love how you capture reality: the darkness of some days, the hopes of each day....the movement. Life isn't linear, it's continuous movement and you have yet again captured that movement in such a beautiful representation. I love @ArmyGrl interpretation of the layout and she brings up points that I did not consider (gotta love that about art). Congrats on your FF!!! Well deserved!!!:byay:byay:cheer:cheer:clappy:clappy:funfun:funfun:heartslub:heartslub:bk:bk:yourock:yourock:yourock:woohoo
      flowersgal and RJMJ like this.
    • RJMJ
      @keepscrappin ...OMG!...Thank You! So Very Much!...So Many Wonderful! Descriptive! Strong! Positive! & Powerful! Words!...And The Ultimate Compliment Too!...And I Take Them All To Heart Too!...I'm Honored! & Blessed! With Such A Meaningful Comment!...And A FF Nod Too!...Getting A FF Nod! Is Always Special To Me!...And Always Makes My Day Just A Little Bit Brighter!...:heartslub...
    • RJMJ
      @ArmyGrl ...Awww! Thank You!...I Always LOVE! Rachel's Challenges! Each Month...They Push Me To Open My Creative Mind Even More & Think Outside The Box!...And Try To Use Her Wonderful! Products! In New Ways!...

*I Always Love Reading Your Personal Observations & Feelings Towards My Work...I Am Always Happy When People Stop Here & Tell Me What They See & How They Interpret My Pieces...I Totally Agree With Your Observations...The Black & White Stripe Clothing Can Totally Be Interpreted As A Type Of Prison/Oppression/Dark Times/Difficulty/Struggles...That's The Idea Here...There Are Always Struggles In Life...& How We Learn From Them & Grow From Them Is What Makes Us Who We Are...Who We Become As Adults/People...Your Observations Are Deep & Heartfelt Too!...You Have Pretty Much Nailed The Darker Undercurrent Thing...I Think Because Of My Own Personal Struggles With Anxiety/Depression & My Daily Health Issues...They Do Often Spill Over Into Many Of My Layouts...And This One Is No Exception...I Pour My Heart Out Into All Of My Pages...And Parts & Pieces Of Myself Are Ever Present Theirin Too!...So Thank You! For Taking The Time To Stop & Write Down Your Feelings! & Share Them With Me & Everyone!...I'm Always Hoping That My Work Will Move People...And/Or Make Them Think About How It May Apply To Their Own Lives...Thank You! So Much For Sharing!...It Means So Very Much!...:heartslub
    • RJMJ
      @mywisecrafts ...Hello! There My BFF!...I LOVE! Seeing Your Face & Observations In My Gallery!...& Yes!...You Often Do Get A Sneak Peek! Before Everyone Else!...Somewhere Between The Start/Middle/End Result...And I Value Your Opinion!...This Layout Started Out A Certain Way...But Ended Up In A Totally Different Finishing Result...But That's The Beauty Of Creativity!...My Layouts Tend To Take Over My Creative Mind...& I Just Go With It..That's Why I LOVE! Art Journaling/Mixed Media!...Everything Is Open To Interpretation!...& That's A Good Thing!...And Yes!...There's Darkness/Hope/Movement Here...All Wrapped Up Into One Layout...Movement Is One Of The Things I Believe Strongly In For My Pages...Like You Said...Life Is Always In Motion!...Your Always WONDERFUL! & INSIGHTFUL! Observations Are Always Appreciated My Dearest Friend!...I LOVE All The Emojis Too!...Dancing Banana Boys!...Cheer Leaders!...Hearts! & Fun!!!...And My Favorite One!...You Rock!!!...You Rock! Too! My FRIEND!!!...:heartslub :heartslub :heartslub :yourock :yourock :yourock
    • redplaid3
      Wow, this is truly amazing. I have no idea how you did it!
      RJMJ likes this.
    • mcurtt
      Oh my! Loving the cluttered approach here. And yet, your word art is front and centered. Fantastic page, loving your interpretation of it all as well as reading thru the other comments. Yes, art allows for different interpretations for different people. And congrats for the Froggy Fav!
      RJMJ likes this.
    • ajm
      WoW! Amazing work! There's just so much to discover!
      RJMJ likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Rachel Jefferies
    Uploaded By:
    RJMJ
    Date:
    Sep 6, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    657.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    680px
    Height:
    680px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).