RJMJ

Rachel Jefferies-January 2020 Mixed Media Challenge-Scraplift-ArmyGrl-Metamorphosis

Rachel Jefferies-January 2020 Mixed Media Challenge-Scraplift-ArmyGrl-Metamorphosis
RJMJ, Jan 5, 2020
Description:
Hey There! Everyone!...No Matter How Many Other Challenges I Am Trying To Master For MOC8...I Will Always Have Time For Rachel's Mixed Media Challenge...My Heart Is Here In Her Challenges...I've Been Struggling As Of Late With Some Of The MOC8 Challenges...It's Just The Beginning Of A New Year & My Health Struggles Have Been Astronomical Already...It's Really Disheartening...I Have Been Distracted By This...I Needed To Get Back To My First Love...Mixed Media/Art Journaling...This Challenge Was The Right One At The Right Moment...

I Was Really Inspired By All The Amazing Layouts There To Scraplift...But I Kept Going Back To The Same One Over & Over...I Know This Layout Is Outstanding...& Trying To Scraplift This One Was Certainly Not For The Faint Of Heart...But Your Heart Goes Where It Wants To Go & Mine Went There...For Me...Scraplifting This Layout Was Like 3 MOC8 Challenges All Wrapped-Up In One...For Real...It Took Me A Long While To Figure Out Exactly How I Wanted To Present This Layout & How I Was Gonna Execute It Properly...I Changed A Lot Of The Layout Along The Way...But In The End I Am Really Happy With It & Feel Like My Mojo May Be Back...Hopefully...Because I'm 2 Days Behind In The MOC8 Layouts Now...Either Way...This Is The AMAZING!!! Beast Of A Layout That I Decided To Scraplift...Hopefully I Did It Some Justice...:Halfway By ArmyGrl...Here's The Link To Her Layout That I Scraplifted:

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/halfway.390653/

*Hopefully You Can See The Inspiration:To Explain Each Choice...Would Take Another Paragraph...So I'm Gonna Leave It Open To Your Interpretation...

To Create My Metamorphosis Layout-I Used:

*Mixed Media Monthly-October 2019-Overcome/Deepest/Fears-Rachel Jefferies
*Mixed Media Monthly-March 2019-Books/Imaginary/Escape-Rachel Jefferies
*Fear Not-Bundle-Rachel Jefferies
*Silent Battles:Stress-Bundle-Rachel Jefferies
*All New-Mixed Media Artistry-Rachel Jefferies
MrsPeel and SeattleSheri like this.
    • ArmyGrl
      I can totally see the inspiration....and I am incredibly honored and flattered that you chose one of mine as the inspiration. There is so much creativity and talent at TLP and in Rachel's team. So many to pick from...

My piece, for me, was wanting to be more than I am. Why am I never enough? I feel so close to the idealized me...yet...she is so illusive. She is science and ideas...and art and ideas...always ideas more than the reality of who she is. Yes. I live in my head.

That is what I get from your art. There are 3 selves. Competing. Existing. Always striving for something more and magical. Personally, I love that...always dreaming...always wanting to be something more. Being happy with "self" but constantly improving on the "self."

You totally did justice. Thank you.
      MrsPeel and RJMJ like this.
    • RJMJ
      @ArmyGrl ...OMG!!!!!!!!!!!...You Have Touched My Heart With Your Wonderful & Insightful Comments!...You Sure Seem To Know Me...Understand Me!...WOW!...You Nailed The Meaning!...I Too Am Constantly Struggling To Improve Myself...I Too Feel This Way...And I Too Live In My Head More Often Than Not!...But Truthfully...I Think A Lot Of Us Truly Creative People Are This Way!!!...Thank You! For Your Amazing Layout Creations! & Inspirations!...I Am Thrilled You Liked My Layout...I Thought Maybe I Bit Off More Than I Could Handle!...You Have Filled My Heart With JOY Beyond Measure!!!...:heartslub...
    • ajm
      WOW!! Amazing lift and page! Love your creativity!
      RJMJ likes this.
    • mcurtt
      Loving the artistic license you applied to the scraplift. The colors, the word art...
      RJMJ likes this.
    • redplaid3
      Cool, imaginative piece.
      RJMJ likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      @ArmyGrl Lisa... you know I am honest...you are MORE, much more than you think you are. I do know we are our worse critics, but being this old and knowing you for almost 10 years (and being a fan of each & every page) I can tell you, LOVE that you had that idea and created that super awesome page...I ll try get back to this later so I explain you what I felt..... but, think about George Benson's lyrics, which have been one of the greatest lessons I learned in my 61 years in this life (this goes to you too , Rhonda) The GREATEST LOVE OF ALL consists in LEARNING TO LOVE YOURSELF.
      Then down the line you learn that, the more you love yourself (in a down to earth, humble manner, of course) the more you make possible for people around you to love you!!!!!!!! [​IMG]
      RJMJ likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      Now, Rhonda.... you know I am a fan of yours...and I think you got this so amazing!!!!! Funniest thing, it can be adapted to my own metamorphosis, ad I sad to Lisa, will come back to explain what my feelings are to both your pages (Lisa's & Yours')...but love LOVE that you completely filled this with intense colors to break the B&w, the division is perfectly done, the background in yellow impacts even more..... absolute winner!!!!!!!! You are rocking the gallery!!!!!!!! [​IMG]
      RJMJ likes this.
    • Rachel Jefferies
      wow this is a real statement piece and love how you've made such a personal and unique page inspired by Lisa's, thank you so much for taking part and your lovely comments about the RJ Challenges!
      RJMJ likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Rachel Jefferies
    Uploaded By:
    RJMJ
    Date:
    Jan 5, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    242.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).