cinderella

Perugia

Perugia
cinderella, Jan 28, 2022
Description:
My page for MOC 2022: January 26: Remembrance or Tribute Layout
https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/january-26-remembrance-or-tribute-layout.81812/

Urban Instilled Bundle by Rebecca McMeen
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Urban-Instilled.html
fonts: Brittany Signature, Mom´sTypewriter

July 2002, I was still studying and I won a scholarship for the University for Foreigners of Perugia. I chose the shortest course, only two weeks instead of a month, and dared to go! They even gave me money, almost 550 euros! Now I see that it was one of the best things I did in my life. Back then I was scared, I also had an inconvenience, my luggage was stuck at Milan for a week. I had to buy a lot of stuff, because I didn't carry a cabin baggage; the rules regarding handbags had just changed, and I wasn't sure of what was allowed and what not. Anyway, it was an awesome time. In the morning, I used to had breakfast and then go to the university for the classes. In the afternoon, I'd go to the "mensa" and have a full lunch for only 5 euros. The course I chose didn't require homework, so I had enough free time to go shopping and explore that little town. My diner was usually two (big) slices of pizza from a "pizza a pezzo". I regret not taking the train and visiting the cities nearby, but back then I thought that I'd return one day. I haven't still. I took some photos with my film camera. I had a small cellphone, one of the first Nokia ever, so I could call my parents, and bought lots of phone cards for international phone calls. I didn't have a laptop yet, and had to visit an internet cafe a few times to check my emails. I also carried a medium size dictionary with me. It's crazy that all of these things (and much more) can now be done with just a smartphone and a data plan! Anyway, I really enjoyed traveling alone. I wish I could do it again. And maybe move to Italy for good...
316 words
    • bestcee
      I love the messy background you used with all the bits and pieces of your story in the elements. Lovely story about Perugia.
      cinderella likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Rebecca McMeen
    Uploaded By:
    cinderella
    Date:
    Jan 28, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    349.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).