LynnG

Peggy

Peggy
LynnG, Jan 14, 2016
Description:
My grandmother, who passed away when my Dad was very young. She looks like a fun and sparky woman.

I used my:
Merge in Style template album
Nordland Kit

and the berries and postage stamp from the All Things New kit (free with purchase collaboration kit!)

Thanks for looking :-)
    • AnneofAlamo
      squealing, as I adore these templates, I want to see more ideas how to use them, they are so fresh and original to my heart!! love them as heritage...oh gosh, make more please!
      LynnG likes this.
    • jenn mccabe
      this is amazing lynn. what a treasure to have these photos and the album and kit are perfect for these. so so in love with this ... and off to look at these templates. (have i told you lately how happy i am that you are HERE!) :)

added to froggy faves! this IS scrapbooking!
      LynnG likes this.
    • Spacecadetswife
      Gorgeous photos! You are so lucky to have them. Already bought the templates and the kit--couldn't resist!. :agree
    • Pachimac
      These pictures are so very amazing, and such a treasure. I love the way you let the pictures take over and not cover them with lots of elements.
    • gonewiththewind
      These photos are priceless. It's sad that she died so young, especially with a disease that nowadays has so many treatment options available. Love how you've put everything together with the neutral tones . . . looks like I'm seeing a scan of an old scrapbook page . . .
    • jk703
      Beautiful, Lynn! I love the old fashioned feel to the layout. Really perfectly scrapped! She was so young to pass, I'm so happy you have these happy photos of her! :beat
    • knclark
      I love your layout with the pop of color in the middle from your ellies. You have inspired me to work on my parent's scrapbook!
    • HeatherB
      Love this fabulous vintage page and what a treasure these photos are!
    • lorryfach
      So beautiful! I love the masking
    • Lindzee
      This is amazingly beautiful. It speaks so to my heart. I have a grandmother who passed away when my dad was three. I know this affected him greatly. Her name was Helen. There are no pictures of her because she came from a Pennsylvania Dutch Family and they did not believe in such things then. My only knowledge of her is from my Uncle Irving who was her older brother. I think from the stories he told us, she may have been a lot like your grandmother.

When I married my husband I converted to Greek Orthodox, however my name (Linda) is not Christian so I was told to be baptized Mary which is the tradition for non-christian names. I stood tall and said, my name will be Helen.

She was the queen of Troy and the mother of Alexander the Great. My oldest son is Alex, named for his paternal grandfather. I hope I have moved her memory forward.

This is a wonderful page. It moved me to tears. It will remain one of my favorites too.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lynn Grieveson
    Uploaded By:
    LynnG
    Date:
    Jan 14, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    182 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).