our story
alinalove, Mar 24, 2021
Description:
All by Rachel Jefferies
After The Storm - M3 April 2020 Add On
https://the-lilypad.com/store/After-The-Storm-Mixed-Media.html

My Life Unscripted 1 - Bundle
https://the-lilypad.com/store/My-Life-Unscripted-1-Mega-Bundle.html
JenEm, MrsPeel, trekmom and 1 other person like this.
    • trekmom
      Your photo is wonderful, the blending is fantastic, this whole page, I'm just swooning over it.
      alinalove likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      this is so amazing.... visually is gorgeous, (as you do always, I just don't have the health to come to the gallery much, but I know you well and your pages are stand outs, constantly) I am a huge fan of big photos and even more of blending into a whole page like this, perfectly done and with such a n emotional charge that rises feelings... to me, this is the distinction between just scrapping pages and becoming an artist.....which you very much so, are.
      Love the beauty of the blending, the sift color background is perfect for the painted elements, and these are so very well chosen and there is that feeling represented ion the whole thing that made me want to know what the subject was.... I had to zoom in a lot, first I thought maybe we weren't meant to read , but then I saw the font isn;t too difficult to read and, if you didn;t want us to, you would have hide in some way...so I tried. It was exactly the feeling I had just by seeing the whole page...meaning you have achieved to convey those feelings visually which, to me, is a talent not everyone has.... the detail of how the little word strip is, the shadows there and in that strip of paper are fabulous and give the whole page dissension, the choice of not adding more is perfect.... this is absolutely amazing, in that crucial way that art in general, but scrapbooking I se it so often, we are able to take not so good events and transform them into beautiful art pieces that have a part of our heart.....

into the MARCH Froggy Faves!!!! [​IMG]
      RJMJ and alinalove like this.
    • alinalove
      @MrsPeel wow. Thank you for your in depth comment. It means a lot! <3
      You of course are welcome to read the journaling. Actually on this layout I debated for a bit with myself, if I want to make it readable. It is very personal and somehow also vague at the same time :D but it conveys a lot of the emotion that comes with the story and the photo and also the layout. So to make sense I had to leave it there.
      I put a lot of thought and detail work into my layouts and I'm happy that you can see it. It's my outlet for my emotions that sometimes overwhelm me and I'm not good at journaling by hand but scrapping comes pretty close and also easy for me.
      As for the artist, I only came to the conclusion last year, that I'm an artist. I used to say "I'm scrapping" but I became aware that most of my life is embellished by my creativity and I'm an artist through and through.
      Thank you again, it really means a lot and I will "chew" through your comment in the coming days, to take it in even further <3
      Also thank you for your Froggy Fave. <3 <3 <3
    • RJMJ
      So Beautiful! Powerful! Emotional! & Personal!...It's Often Hard To Scrap About The Tough Times In Our Lives...I Struggle With This Sometimes Too!...But You Did An Amazing! Job! Creating Beauty! From A Tough Personal Experience!...Hearts & Hugs!...:bk...And Congrats! On The Well-Deserved FF!!!...
      alinalove likes this.
    • JenEm
      I am so touched by both your beautiful page, and your raw, honest journaling. You have created a work of art that really tells a story. You have managed to convey so much emotion in your page. Congrats on both the Froggy Favorite and the POP award. Both are well deserved.
      alinalove likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Rachel Jefferies
    Uploaded By:
    alinalove
    Date:
    Mar 24, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    282.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).