Meibritt

On This Day (Moc6-11 On This Day - Journaling Challenge)

On This Day (Moc6-11 On This Day - Journaling Challenge)
Meibritt, Jan 12, 2018
Description:
Just Jaimee Collab with Valorie Wibbens - Better Days Ahead

Pink Reptile Desings - State The Date

Translated with Google translator:
It was the day my father died in a traffic accident. My dad was suddenly gone. I was a kid, I was just 11 years old. I did not understand the world any more ...... My father had brought my mother to the train station. Mama wanted to take the train to the funeral of an old deceased aunt. On the way back it happened. On a large intersection, a truck turned left into the oncoming traffic. The truck hit the driver's side. Dad was not to blame, the driver from the truck was probably tired, may even have fallen asleep. Dad was probably dead as the doctors later said. Seat belts did not have the cars as standard then. With strap he might have survived. Sometimes I felt guilty, if I had come to the station, the farewell would have lasted longer and we might have reached the junction maybe seconds later ...... but would have and if and ..... It was certainly the saddest day until then in my life. He is still today. I often think of my father, not as often as many years ago, but often. This day has certainly influenced my later life. We lived in a company apartment, which had to be vacated at some point. Mom wanted to move back to her hometown, so we moved to another city about 6 months after the accident. Sometimes I would like to know how my life would have gone if we had not moved to the other city ..... (255 words)
    • cfile
      oh Meibritt.. my heart breaks. The "woulda, coulda, shouldas" will make you ill. It is so very hard for sure. I was devastated with my Mom passing at 54 when I was 28 years old, and my Dad passing at 82 when I was 51. I cannot imagine being a child at 11 years old and losing a parent. So very very hard for sure. You have scrapped this moment, as difficult as it is, so well. I am so very sorry. Thank you for sharing. Your Dad is always with you, and smiles when you think of him.
    • carrie1977
      Oh my...that must have been so devastating for you. I'm so, so sorry that happened. Thank you for sharing your story with us. ((HUGS))
    • HeatherB
      That must have been so devastating. You've told the story so well, and I totally get that "would have, should have". So sorry for your loss. As a child of 11, it must have completely rocked your world. Beautifully scrapped. Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    Meibritt
    Date:
    Jan 12, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    244.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).