jam-on-toast

Ocean Getaway -L

Ocean Getaway -L
jam-on-toast, May 5, 2021
Description:
March 2021 BOYC Money Saving Bundle by Rachel Jefferies
Serendipity by Rachel Jeferies

This is the left hand side page of the two-page layout. (the right side is here). Less artsy than I'd initially planned but I didn't want to overwhelm the page. Thanks for looking.

Journaling:
This trip had been booked and cancelled several times until we finally decided the actual risk was not that high. We went by our car, rented a stand-alone villa and avoided contact with people as much as possible. Upon arrival we immediately headed for the beach, which was deserted and looked wild. The sea was getting rougher by the minute and the tide was rising so swimming in the ocean was out of the question. The pool was spectacular (see below) but I realised I couldn't get into the water in MY swimwear because the other women - all local - had gotten in there wearing their hijabs. Not kidding. Hello culture shock. So I left the three of them frolicking in the pool and went to admire the sunset over the Indian Ocean.
    • garrynkim
      Gorgeous photos. I would love this kind of getaway!
    • alinalove
      I love this and really long for a vacay at the ocean even more <3 Your clusters are cute and subtle, as is the stamp that you used and it doesn't overcrowd the page. Thank you for playing!
    • cfile
      Gorgeous page 2. Love reading your journaling and so glad you were able to get away while remaining as safe as possible. Sorry you didn't get to swim in the pool but glad you had those beautiful views to enjoy! Great page! TFS!
    • jam-on-toast
      I don't usually use stamps or brushes ON the image because the oldfashioned me still considers 'drawing' on a photo a big no, but I often use them as masks - a trick I discovered relatively recently. At the same time, there are some gorgeous layouts out there with stamps and brushes on the photo that make the photo stand out beautifully. Thank you for the challenge that made me step out of my confort zone and try something I don't normally do.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Rachel Jefferies
    Uploaded By:
    jam-on-toast
    Date:
    May 5, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    725.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).