mollyscraps

MsMOC13b

MsMOC13b
mollyscraps, Feb 2, 2017
Description:
from Tangie's Vault: Mehndi Caravan and Dream Discover

Journaling: When looked upon as a global culture, humanity can be seen as the penultimate explorers. We love to explore the physical wonders of the world, traveling to foreign countries if we can afford to. If not, magazines such as National Geographic & Travel + Leisure present nature’s beauty in a much more affordable medium. Technologies like satellites and the internet allow almost anyone access to people from around the world. Once I dreamt of a universal translator carried in the palm of my hand but today our exploration of science laid the foundation for the invention of a watch that can accomplish that and more. Authors Anne McCaffrey, Madeleine L’Engle, and Andre Norton took my young mind to worlds beyond Earth- a tradition that continues today as new authors present explorations for today’s young readers. Some of us, Sally Ride and John Glenn for instance, actually travel into Space while others spend their lives in front of sophisticated computers able to interpret sounds from deep in space and to perform intricate calculations that reveal the next great mystery to explore. Others take to the sea in hopes of discovering at least some of the mass of information we do not yet posses in our global library of data. Imagine you are Jacques Cousteau or Eugenie Clark, The Shark Lady, spending your life in the pursuit of an incredible need to know and understand the revelations waiting for you
deep within the oceans. Perhaps you are like Jeremy Wade who cannot merely fish but has to chase the River Monsters of the world. Perhaps you are a Jane Goodall whose love for others extends beyond the human family.
Or maybe you are an Alice Waters whose desire to eat fresh food in what would now be designated as a food desert, caused her to learn how to grow her own and drove her to share that knowledge. And really, its
knowledge we crave is it not? An unsatiable thirst for exploration into our world is nothing more then a need for knowledge. So I offer my advice, my hope, for you. Explore your world now.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 5
    Uploaded By:
    mollyscraps
    Date:
    Feb 2, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    233.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).