nof007750

MOOC-10-Memorial-Page

MOOC-10-Memorial-Page
nof007750, Jan 30, 2022
Description:
Created with AJC 2010 by Tangie Baxter as part of the Art Journal Caravan 2010 Workshop. (Parcels 22, 39,41,

Journaling (317 Words)
The last time I saw you, I had a sinking feeling that it was going to be the last time. You have just come back from the hospital and hospice was set to come start home care. We feed you the dinner you most wanted--fried chicken, a biscuit, and mashed potatoes. Every few minutes you would have a few minutes of clarity and say "Jess, it's so nice you are here. I haven't seen you in so long." Your face lit up with pure joy as I showed you pictures of the boys and told you what they were doing. After you finished eating, you sent us on our way--you grasped to your independence.

On the drive home, I thought of so many memories I would carry of you. I remember vividly the Christmas that Cabbage Patch dolls were all the rage. When we got the house, there were tiny dolls attached to our presents and you said that was all you could find. I was SHOCKED when I opened the package and found not just one but two matching Cabbage Patch of my own. I remember coming down stairs in the morning when we would stay the night and sitting up at the stools with you to eat grapefruit--a special drink at your house. I remember you coming to my senior play and surprising me with your visit. During college, a trip to your house meant not only free laundry but home cooke meal made with love. I remember how excited you were for me to become a bride and how you would invite Luke and I over when we were newly married to eat Friday chicken. When Blake came, he held a special spot in your heart and Jaxon always made you laugh.

Now that you are gone, I will hold these dear memories in my heart until we meet again. Love, Jess (January, 2022)
LynnG likes this.
    • Marilyn
      It's so hard to lose your mom. Love the red journaling on the yellow paper. Beautiful LO.
    • cfile
      Jess, this is so beautiful and a wonderful tribute of your Grandmother. I am very sorry for your loss, but thrilled you have these special memories of her. You scrapped it beautifully!

Thank you for sharing and playing along with MOC day 26 Rememberance/Tribute challenge.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    nof007750
    Date:
    Jan 30, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    63.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).