Cherylndesigns

Monthly Muse Week #3 - Tribute to Dawn

Monthly Muse Week #3 - Tribute to Dawn
Cherylndesigns, Jul 21, 2018
Description:
Some of the first kits I bought of Dawn's really spoke to me. I was working through some family troubles and trying not to let them get me down. I was going through the "steps" of a loss and am now pretty much in the "acceptance" stage. Her work (the Karma quotes, especially) really provided me with an outlet to get some of my anger out. I didn't post those AJ pages, but kept them to myself. It seemed like she had designed them just for me. Dawn will always hold a special space in my heart for a lot of reasons, but that was huge for me. I really wanted to share these feelings here, as we mourn the loss of a wonderful person, friend and fellow artist.

Credits: lgrieveson_wonderful_you_1; dinskip_freespirit_papers_10; dinskip_freespirit_illustrations_feather_3, 4, 9; dinskip_freespirit_illustrations_string2; dinskip_freespirit_illustrations_string; dinskip_freespirit_illustrations_bird3; dinskip_P&C_label3 & frame; dinskip_MHIF_solid_pp7; dinskip_trulymadlydeeply_solidpp6; dinskip_hush_pp03; dinskip_springstitches_1 & 5; dinskip_anticipation_overlay.
Dalis and RJMJ like this.
    • RJMJ
      Hi There Cherylndesigns...I Stopped By To Say "Thank You" For Visiting My Gallery & Leaving So Many Nice Comments!...I Really Appreciate This!...So Glad We Met In PRD's Round Robin Challenge & Congrats On The Win Also!...

I Saw Your Layout In The Gallery & I Have To Comment...I Too Have Been Mourning Dawn Along With Everyone Else Here...A Lot Of My Layouts Lately Just Seem To Be Inspired By Her In Some Way...It Is So Nice That We All Get To Express Our Love & Respect For Dawn Here At The Lilypad...I Love Your Feathers & Your Sweet Owl & The Slightly Washed Out Look To Your Layout...I Have Done A Few Layouts Using Dawn's Owl Inspirations Too...Thank You For Another Great Tribute To Dawn!...
    • Cherylndesigns
      @RJMJ Thank you so much for your sweet comments. Her work influenced all of us - in different and unique ways, but I just had to express the profound effect it's had on me. I'm so grateful for the opportunity for all of us to mourn Dawn. I know it's helping us heal from this huge hole her leaving has left.

I have sure enjoyed getting to know you, too. The Round Robin challenge was so fun.
      RJMJ likes this.
    • mcurtt
      Well balanced & well designed page. Isn't it amazing what art journaling can do for the soul? I'm glad that you are working thru your issues. Things will never be the same, but acceptance of them is part of the healing. Interesting quote, I'll have to remember that one. Thanks for sharing.
    • Dalis
      She seemed to always had the right quote for the right moment. I specially liked how she made light of some tough moments. I love your page and your colors and those feathers just remind me of her so much.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @mcurtt Thanks so much Marilyn. That quote is in Dawn's M3 Oct17 P&C kit. I love it and thought it was perfect for this challenge, since I didn't want to use a picture. Yes, I love Art Journaling and it's so healing.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @Dalis Thanks, Dalis. She always seemed to have the right quote for me, that's for sure. I loved that she swung from cynical to very introspective, too. Thanks for the challenge!
      Dalis likes this.
    • *gina*
      gorgeous page - love it
    • Cherylndesigns
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Art Journaling
    Uploaded By:
    Cherylndesigns
    Date:
    Jul 21, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    331.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    550px
    Height:
    550px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).