dotcomkari

Moments Like This Make Me Smile

Moments Like This Make Me Smile
dotcomkari, Aug 15, 2014
Description:

You never truly had a father figure in your life. Your father was removed from your life at a young age and the memories you have of him are not too fond. I am extremely sorry for that. Kman my sweet boy you have never bonded with others well and have a fear of strangers due to your Autism. I have for years tried to find a good male role model for you and we have gone through numerous male mentors, yet none have seemed like a good fit. The poor mentors are either scared off by your special needs, melt downs or frankly you just plainly won’t work with them. And I don’t blame you, some of the men that have come to our door from the mentor foundation have been downright scary and I wouldn’t trust them with my dog. But you have that need for a male figure in your life, a need your momma can not give you. Little boys like you love monster trucks, football and wrestling and that my dear boy is a world you mommy knows little about.
That is why I was so glad when Eric entered our lives. Mommy met Eric online and after the first date found an unbelievable bond with him. Eric and mommy had so much in common and he made mommy feel safe and loved, something mommy hadn’t had in a long time. It wouldn’t be until months later that mommy would introduce him to you and your siblings. I wanted to make sure that Eric was going to stick around and that he was the one before I introduced him to you and your sisters. Frankly down deep I was a little scared too on what you three would think! Oddly enough you had no fear of Eric the first time the two of you met. You bonded well right from the start. Eric showed you his WWE toy collection and took the time to talk to you like a human being. Since that day, you have found a father figure in Eric and even started calling him daddy. Watching the two of you together brings such joy to my hearts. It was like it was meant to be from the start. Eric fills the fatherly gap in your life and now you have someone to do those “manly man” things you love so dear with. The two of you have so much in common too.. Like the love for WWE, the Packers and collecting Hot Wheels.

Credits:
Allison Pennington: Seize
Sahlin Studio: Moments Like This Make Me Smile Word Art
Forever Joy: Dandelion Days
Heather Joyce: The Heather A
Two Tiny Turtles: Now is the Right Time

• bcnatty
      Oh my goodness...this is just so sweet!! I love the cluster around the picture...but your journaling is really what tugs on the heart strings. I am so happy for you and your family...Eric seems like an amazing guy!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!
    • ashleywb
      boy, i love a wood background.  This is beautifully layered and journaled.  So glad you and your kids have found love!
    • Brandi
      This is simply amazing Kari! Love love love!! Perfect layering!
    • PLM
      Waw, your text moved my heart!!! Mothers need to be strong and you were, for your boy.
      I'm glad you found a love in your life too!
      And congrats on your beautful scrapping, your page is meaningful and beautiful!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Allison Pennington
    Uploaded By:
    dotcomkari
    Date:
    Aug 15, 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count: