MOC_8_Day_17_Friedemann
CharlotteM, Jan 18, 2020
Description:
MOC_8_Day_18: Hindsight is 20/20 Journaling Challenge
...Marie Luise Friedemann...
Credits:
"all about me" by Lilypad collab
Text:
I'm sorry, I have language problems and now I hope that Google has translated well ....
At the age of 50 I worked as a nurse with intensive medical training in an outpatient nursing service that looks after ventilated people at home. I had the position of a deputy nursing service.
Then my boss wanted me to do additional training in nursing management, the company took over the costs, but I had to commit myself to stay in the company for 2 years and also give days off for school.
in the beginning I was not so enthusiastic because I had to do it in addition to my very strenuous work, we had two days of school every 14 days - and these were my "free" days - and several times a week of school, the company took over.
we started with a week at school and it was all very exciting for me - everything so unusual - sitting and listening was very hard at first, there was also homework and we had to learn a lot of material in addition to work within a short time.
I also had to learn again when I was 50!
But over time I realized how good it was for me to learn, I got so much input and new thoughts and ideas, so much zest and energy.
At the end we had to write a large project work, a presentation. I thought about it for a long time and then chose a topic, which is also relevant for me in practice. Since we care for adults and especially children at home in care teams, there is a lot of potential for conflict in the care of children.
I wanted to describe this in the presentation.
In the course of my research I came across Marie-Luise Friedemann and her concept "the Framework of systemic organization, the" Congruence "model for family treatment and the ASF-E Instrument".
I was immediately fascinated by her theory and then read a lot and also attended seminars with her.
My presentation was a complete success, not least because Marie Luise Friedemann's theory convinced me so much.
I then worked for years on the basis of your theory and kept a lot of your knowledge in mind.
Shortly before the exam, I had contact with a nursing service specializing only in children and from there I got a very good offer as a nursing service manager.
It was hard for me at first, because the course was financed by my current boss and I also had moral scruples to quit now, but on the other hand the new offer was very tempting.
I then decided to terminate the contract, had to bear the costs myself immediately, so first I had to pay debts for it, and I also had very unpleasant conversations with my boss, who couldn't accept it.
Ultimately, I stuck with the termination, paid the full course myself and then switched to the other company.
On the day of the exam, everything was checked beforehand, i.e. whether you met all the requirements, including also paid the exam fees. And I had paid for it myself and at that moment I noticed my independence and my pride in having done it all.
Today - in January 2020 - I look back on it and know that it was all incredibly important to me.
LynnG likes this.
    • mcurtt
      Awesome journaling! Google served you well! I'm impressed with your determination to go back to school along with working full-time. And even more impressed with your decision at the end to cover the cost of the education so that you could pursue that new position.
      CharlotteM likes this.
    • EHStudios
      I'm so happy that you took that independent route & are in a job you are loving even more now! Such a risk! Great LO!
      CharlotteM likes this.
    • *gina*
      fantastic page - love your journaling and the photo
      CharlotteM likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    CharlotteM
    Date:
    Jan 18, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    233.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).