Iowan

MOC_6.17 UN-Iowan

MOC_6.17 UN-Iowan
Iowan, Jan 19, 2018
Description:
UN: Iowan
Mixed Media Monthly: Calm / Serene / Harmony - Jan. '18

Iowan: One who lives in Iowa, the corn state.

I was not a native Iowan, having spent my school days in Omaha, Nebraska, just across the Missouri river from Iowa. However, the man I married was a native Iowan, who I met when we attended the same college in Nebraska. When he graduated, we settled in Iowa where my farm-boy husband soon taught his city-girl wife the difference between corn and soy beans, a must know item in small town Iowa. There I completed my college degree at the University of Iowa and became a fan of the Iowa Hawkeye athletic teams. We spent 37 years of our lives in Iowa, working at our jobs as teachers and raising our children. That was 37 years of learning the rhythms of the land and cities; the gentleness of a day in May, the amazing thunderstorms of summer, the richness of harvest time in fall, and the biting cold of an Arctic high in the Winter. It was 37 years in the prime of our lives that left an indelible mark. As such, I will always be an Iowan. Hence, my username: Iowan.
marnel likes this.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    Iowan
    Date:
    Jan 19, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    248.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).