Pachimac

MOC_17-2020 Hindsight is 20/20

MOC_17-2020 Hindsight is 20/20
Pachimac, Jan 17, 2020
Description:
The journaling is basically about the fact that if certain things weren't in place in the past that when our marriage was tested, we might not have made it. It's our very personal journey that is not public knowledge, so I feel reticent to share it. It's been okayed to have ghosted it as part of the background. I deleted details for this public journaling.

Basically, it says this:
There are decisions and actions that happen in our lives that we have no idea the importance of when they happen. Since 2011, my life has been one storm after another. The years between 2011 and 2015 had much to cry over, and much to challenge us. The pivotal point was on Christmas Day night, 2015, when my Mom was killed in a car accident. I went into a “functional” depression. I got up, I took care of things, but I was barely there. I stopped caring about my appearance, and stopped wearing makeup. I ate too much and gained nearly 40 pounds. I stopped praying, and just existed. During this time, my husband and I went through a very trying time in our marriage.

If God hadn’t paved the way, I would be writing this today as a divorced woman. In God’s providence, he placed things in our lives to stop this time from destroying us, and destroying our family.

Hindsight is 20/20 - and it’s also a time to look back and see just how much God loves us, and how he knows every choice and every action of our lives can be used for good. Today, 3 years later, our marriage is restored and renewed and our marriage is better than it has ever been. This storm woke us BOTH up, and shook us, and made us really choose eachother all over again. Through communication, hard work, and grace - God has renewed our marriage.

Elements Used:
Word art, girl in green, white flower, pink flower, foliage, white butterfly, black clouds, white scatter punches, Life is: Feeling Blue Collab
background paper, butterfly, stitches, Life is: Feeling Grateful Collab
Take a deep breath word art, Begin Again Heart Word art: "Turn the Page" elements
Vintage Woman, "Thankful" word art, frame, Little Butterfly Wings, "I Am Blessed"
"History Together" word art, One Little Bird "Between Us" elements
Bathing suit girl, Wake Up girl, "I am Enough" word art: Paula Kesserling M3 May 18 Add on Ephemera and Girl Power Elements
chastml, AJK and threadjungle like this.
    • AJK
      What a beautiful testimony. One of my Art Profs once said that it is contrast that creates beauty. Your story has that contrast, so it has the beauty- beauty from ashes.:hug:heartlub:angel
    • EHStudios
      Your page is incredible! I love how you chose to mask your writing! I love that you both have become stronger after this. I love the feel the sadness to appreciate the happiness wordart with your writing. Great page!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    Pachimac
    Date:
    Jan 17, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    261.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).