Claire Grantham

MOC9_D18_Combine Two Templates

MOC9_D18_Combine Two Templates
Claire Grantham, Jan 18, 2021
Description:
I love merging templates and I knew what I was going to do the minute I saw them. I didn't know which photos to use and a quick search through my archive produced these gems from our wedding day.

The journaling reads -
Despite our intense love of cake, we didn’t really want a Wedding cake. We didn’t love the ‘cutting the cake’ tradition and we thought it was a bit of a wasted expense. Don’t get me wrong, dessert was high on the list, but this cake tradition was not. My Momma insisted and as we have the best Turkish baker ever, we thought it would be fine. Well, I think he got stage fright, as the cake was the ugliest thing you have ever seen! It looked nothing like the moodboard. The first time we saw it was when we stepped up to cut it and our photographer caught this series of hilarious photos of us genuinely laughing at the cake (sorry Momma). It tasted delicious, and we have these great photos, so all was not lost.

Honestly, the cake was SO ugly LOL. I have had to use the b&w photos of it, anytime I want to use a photo that has it in because in colour it is frightening! And so you know, my Momma is well aware of our reaction to the cake, so I am not being mean or rude here. Because on the morning of our wedding when she went with my Dad to get it, my Dad tried to convince her to go to a local store and buy something (I quote) 'less hideous'.

I used (literally everything) -
FDD - Free Fiddlesticks No.73 Template
Rachel Jefferies - Free Midnight Template
Allison Pennington:
A Long Winter's Nap kit (Flower)
February Stuff kit (Leaf, Flower, Paper)
October Stuff kit (Paper fan)
Seize kit (Button)
Blissful elements (Wire heart)
Mommyish x Just Jaimee - Say What RLIP elements (Word art)
Just Jaimee - Storyteller January 2016 Collection (Paint)
PRD:
Photographic elements (Leaf)
Unscripted elements (Flower)
Rachel Jefferies - My Life Unscripted 1 Mega Bundle (Paper, Flowers, Leaf, Paper Fan, Star)
Rachel Jefferies x Studio Basic - Trust The Journey: Thrive bundle (Flowers, Card, Paper, Butterfly)
    • Saar
      Oh your page makes me so happy! First of all... I agree on the cake tradition. If I ever get married, I would try to skip the cutting the cake tradition as well. Lol.
      Secondly... I love your smile! You looked beautiful on your wedding day!:beat:heartlub
      Third... I LOVE your layout. I love that you turned the photos black and white and I love the beautiful and subtile colors you chose. I love how you combined both themplates and I LOVE your beautiful clusters. The heart is a perfect finishing touch. Beautiful work! :beat:heartlub
    • Claire Grantham
      @Saar Thank you so much for your lovely comment. Did you see me sneak in a butterfly or 3 - a nod to your wonderful butterfly work that makes me so very happy. I'm so glad you like the colours, it was a happy accident, I was planning on brights! Our wedding day was truly a magical wonderful day and 12 years later it still feels that way.
      Saar likes this.
    • Saar
      @Claire Grantham Yeah! Of course I noticed the butterflies! They are such perfect finishing touches. I'm glad you chose soft colors, it makes your whole layout so elagant, which is perfect for a wedding day! You really rocked this challenge!
    • LoveItScrapIt
      Oh this is beautifully done. I love how you combined templates and your story too!!! And it looks beautiful in b&w though.
    • Claire Grantham
      @Saar yay! I am trying them out, because I love your clever use of them. Thanks @LoveItScrapIt hahaha, the cake passes in b&w - BUT what you can't tell is how stumpy it is, it's not tall, it looks like someone sat on it.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    Claire Grantham
    Date:
    Jan 18, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    312.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).