jaharvey

MOC9 Jan02 Why I Scrap

MOC9 Jan02 Why I Scrap
jaharvey, Jan 10, 2021
Description:
This was a great challenge! It actually got me thinking about how I want to get back into scrapbooking and what will work for me.

Journaling (259 words):
I haven’t done any scrapbooking since the end of MOC7 in January 2019 . . . two years! I’m not really sure why I stopped. Maybe I didn’t feel that I had photos to scrap. Our kids are grown up, there are no grandkids to scrapbook about, we haven’t been doing any travelling. I’ve also been trying to limit my spending.

On the other hand, I’ve started to love gardening, have been contributing photos to iNaturalist (from plants and fungi to moths or butterflies and even spiders), and have been reassessing my goals, my vision for our future, how we contribute to our community. I’ve been journaling in other ways.

Perhaps it’s time to get back to rescuing photos from old photo albums. I never did get too far, really only as far as when the girls were born, I think. Yes, it’s time for a good walk down memory lane. In order to reignite the scrapping mojo, I think I might just keep things simple. I’ve often thought about doing a calendar page with a little photo each day. It could even be a snippet of a photo -- just enough to stir some curiosity about an image. Then, for some activities, I might do a page or spread with more photos and dialogue that follows the calendar pages. Or I could try pocket scrapping for each week. I need to remember to take more photos, catch the moments and people that are meaningful to me. I think I like the idea of making a 2021 scrapbook that is a photo diary for me.

Fonts: Native Land Two, Throw My Hands Up in the Air, Veteran Typewriter
Template: PRD_0319_Challenge by Karen
Papers (including those used for washi tape), flowers: Fall is For Papers, Fall is For Elements
    • Saar
      Oh this is stunning. I love your page design and take on the challenge.
      jaharvey likes this.
    • HeatherB
      Great take on the challenge. Loved reading the journaling. Love the journal card with all the sayings. Wonderful page!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    jaharvey
    Date:
    Jan 10, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    397.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).