KayTeaPea

MOC9 Day2 The Why

MOC9 Day2 The Why
KayTeaPea, Jan 31, 2021
Description:
Designed by Soco- Hey December- template https://the-lilypad.com/store/Hey-December.html
Sara Gleason- The Why- papers and wordart https://the-lilypad.com/store/The-Why-by-Sara-Gleason.html
PRD- Sea of Love- white paper (background) https://the-lilypad.com/store/Sea-Of-Love-Papers.html
Font- Gabriele Dark Ribbon
Journaling- 397 words:
Why do I scrapbook? Well, I started out scrapping 21 years ago, when Josh was born. I wanted to remember every little moment with him, especially since I have always been creative and enjoyed playing with paper and scissors. As our family grew to include Abby 18 years ago then was completed by Mollie 16 years ago, I continued to enjoy taking photos of my 3 sweet kids day by day. I took a bit of a break from scrapbooking from 2008-2011, then started back scrapping digitally. I had been frustrated with the mess and space taken up with my crafting supplies, but that was resolved when I moved to scrapping with a computer. No more need for glue or storage needed for all the little bits and bobs, except for the occasional upgraded computer and of course external hard drives for all the supplies!
I love being able to look back on memories captured years ago, with journaling from that time, and I also love to take photos from a time gone by and narrate them with insights I have gained over the years. Taking photos has been a way I can try to slow time down a bit and hold on to my babies a bit longer.
I looked through my Google Photos to find a few photos with all three of my kids and couldn’t choose just one- so here are 8 photos I love of all the kids over a lot of years. Starting with the Halloween Costume photo, Josh was a whoopie cushion, Abby was Dorothy from the Wizard of OZ and Mollie was a cowgirl in 2010. Going clockwise from there, are all 3 for Abby’s graduation in May 2020. Next, we have all 3 camping in Tennessee at Fall Creek Falls on spring break. Below that is a Christmas portrait in our home in Virginia in Dec 2006. At the bottom is a Spring Break trip to Dauphin Island Alabama in 2016. In the bike helmets, the kids are at my parents’ house in Gardendale in summer 2007. The last 2 photos are on our front porch in Alabama, one from 2007 and one from 2010.
I am glad I can look at these photos and remember where we were in each shot, but I am most happy that I have captured some of those memories in the pages of my scrapbooks.
chastml and dotcomkari like this.
    • Iowan
      What a cheerful layout and great job of capturing memories. I like how you wrapped the text around the photos. Great page.
      KayTeaPea likes this.
    • HeatherB
      What a wonderful page! Loved reading the journaling and reading the notes about each of the photos. (I wouldn't be able to pick just one either!) Great design!
      KayTeaPea likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    KayTeaPea
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    244.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).