Farwen

MOC9 Day11 - Are You Afraid Of The Dark

MOC9 Day11 - Are You Afraid Of The Dark
Farwen, Jan 18, 2021
Description:
For the MOC 9 (2021) January 11 - Tell Me a Story

journaling:

When I was a child, it happened that in the first days of spring or just for Easter or Easter Monday, excursions were organized in the mountains to the homes of relatives of some family friends.
The house was located in the low mountains, in an area that was not very urbanized at the time, in fact I remember it was quite isolated.
I remember that we children first, boys later (we were a nice, small group of about 10 members, more or less the same age), we went around freely, there were practically no cars, at most a few small ravines, little things ! LOL!
I have memories of hours spent running, jumping, playing with the rope, looking for pine nuts inside the pine cones that covered the ground (pine cones and pine needles! I remember it as I was there!)! And the swing !! Oh the swing!
And then getting lost (or pretending to get lost) or being chased by a dog (at most there were two, but if this story continued to be told maybe the dogs could become a pack, who knows, like the stories of Sunday fishermen who swear they have caught such a big fish! LOL!), but still carefree stories, yes, even the one in which we almost got over it with fear !!
I told you that the area was sparsely populated, the paved road reached a certain point, then it was still all dirt road: earth, stone, holes and ditches. Paths and trails.
Just near the point where the 'road' ended there was something, a cemetery, which, as long as we were children, had not aroused any particular attraction, but as we grew up it had begun to become interesting, you understand, the charm of mystery, the call of 'adventure, the stories of' fear '... So one day (I was about 12/13 years old I think), our wandering through the paths had inevitably led us right there, in exploration.
Now, everything is fine: it wasn't dark, it was a beautiful sunny day, we were a nice group, cheerful and bold, but when we got there we didn't all feel like pushing ourselves to the cemetery, so only a couple of the older ones decided to set out , while the rest of us only accompanied them halfway.
The cemetery was surrounded by a wall that hid the interior, which was accessed via a gate that was at the end of a small climb, this was visible from the road, but nothing else, not even the gate itself, so what 'really 'it happened only those two know it, I only remember that after a few minutes we had lost sight of them, and we were chatting among ourselves, we saw them running like crazy towards us, shouting' Go! ', but we had already left without need encouragement! I remember running arm in arm with one of the other girls, I remember my feet hardly touching the ground, really, that feeling of flying that I will never forget !! I imagined who knows what was chasing us, we were in the grip of a mad fear!
The delirium just! Paaaanic!
The two told us that they had actually entered, but after a few steps they had seen a kind of toy, or something like that, on the ground, which had started to move by itself, and then they had heard themselves called by a strange and mysterious voice and they were I ran away!
Now I laugh at it, and no, I don't believe it, I believe in a good joke rather. Did we believe it at the time? I don't remember this, but that feeling of having wings on my feet that I do remember was both frightening and exhilarating!
I haven't been back there for a long time, and I don't dare to imagine how man has transformed everything into something completely different, but I very much hope that there was time for some other child to experience wonderful adventures like ours.
(664 words)
(p.s. sorry, this is google translated, some things may sound 'weird', lol)​

credits:

Allison Pennington - Cliff Notes: Trick or Treat Edition
Little Butterfly Wings - Fear of the dark, Spooky, Life UnCensored - Scary **** collab bundle, WitchScape collab bundle
NBK Design - deFrightful {Template 44}

fonts: TravelingTypewriter
chastml and cinderella like this.
    • bestcee
      Love the dark background against the white lettering! Cemetary's in the dark as kids are always scary! I love how you reflected on the different places you played as a kid. Thanks for playing in my challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    Farwen
    Date:
    Jan 18, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    290.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).