MOC9 Day 29 Highlighted Words
SeattleSheri, Jan 30, 2021
Description:
MOC9 Day 29 Highlighted Words
Word count: 177+, 8 highlights
Dream Out Loud by Forever Joy Designs
Thanks for looking!!

Journaling:
When I first heard Amanda Gorman passionately read her poetry at the inauguration on January 20th, I was stunned such a young woman could develop and deliver such profound words in such a polished and impactful way. I later read the President hand-picked her and it’s very apparent why. While I could never do her words justice, it’s my privilege to showcase a part of her poem. Without a doubt, Amanda’s words will be heard for many years to come.

We will raise this wounded world into a wondrous one. We will rise from the gold-limbed hills of the west, we will rise from the windswept northeast, where our forefathers first realized revolution. We will rise from the lake-rimmed cities of the midwestern states, we will rise from the sunbaked south. We will rebuild, reconcile and recover and every known nook of our nation and every corner called our country, our people diverse and beautiful will emerge, battered and beautiful. When day comes we step out of the shade, aflame and unafraid. The new dawn looms as we free it. For there is always light, if only we are BRAVE enough to see it. If only we are BRAVE enough to be it. -Amanda Gorman
    • JillW
      This.is.amazing!! What a beautiful tribute to the talented Youth Poet Laureate! I'm pretty sure my mouth was hanging wide open when she recited her beautiful words!! You've nailed this challenge AND the layout!
    • Sokee
      Beautifully created!! I love the wings! I loved her and her poem she did such a great job!
    • SeattleSheri
      @JillW Thank you Jill! She was really phenomenal! I look forward to hearing many more of her words. I heard that she will be performing (not sure if that's the right word) at the Super Bowl too!!!
    • SeattleSheri
      @Sokee Totally agree! She was really a pleasure to see! Not only her words themselves, but her delivery. She's a very poised young woman!
    • artgalstyle
      So incredibly beautifully done! WOW!
    • Claire Grantham
      OMG!! How clever and amazing, she really was amazing. I didn't know she will be at the superbowl too! I just love the wings and that beautiful flower/foilage layer underneath.
    • SeattleSheri
      @artgalstyle Thank you so much!!! :beat
      @Claire Grantham I'm definitely tuning into the half time show specifically for her! Thank you for the sweet comment! :heartlub
    • Saar
      Oh wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Just wow! What an amazing layout! You know I'm not American, but I was so touched by her poem and her words. It was such a beautiful moment. I would love to scrap it myself, but I can never create something so beautiful like you did. I love the wings and the shadows. I love the colors, the page design... I love everything about your layout!
    • SeattleSheri
      @Saar Thank you so much for your kind words Sarah! :heartlub
      Saar likes this.
    • rach3975
      She was amazing, wasn't she? This page is a beautiful tribute to her words and a message we so need right now.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    SeattleSheri
    Date:
    Jan 30, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    605.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).