CindyB, Jan 12, 2021
Description:
Credits:
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Magic-Moments-Here-s-To-The-Ears-Collection.html
https://the-lilypad.com/store/COLLAB-Morning-Rituals.html
https://the-lilypad.com/store/A-Daring-Adventure.html
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Pop-of-Color.html

Journal reads (553 words):
Sports has always been a part of my life, and back in the day I was pretty much just born a Buffalo fan. Whether hockey, football, or baseball, we haven’t had the easiest road, or the most success, but it’s a culture that the fans around here can relate to. We are a blue collar town, we work hard, and we expect nothing less than that from our sports teams. Give us 110% and we will accept the outcome, just show us the effort.

This year has certainly been a special year for our Bills Football. It’s been many years of rebuilding and we always seem to start the season with the same optimism. We weren’t even sure if we would have a season in the midst of this pandemic, but seeing this team grow leaps and bounds this year without the opportunity to be in the stadium has been a real struggle.

We acquired Stephon Diggs from Minnesota during the off-season and the connection between him and our quarterback Josh Allen has been absolutely magical. The vibes have only spread to the rest of the team, and to see them support each other every week win or lose has been a bright light that we all so desperately needed.

The night before we played the Seattle Seahawks on November 8 [week 9], Josh Allen lost his grandmother. He could have easily skipped the game and Bills Mafia would have totally understood mourning the loss. Instead, Josh Allen played and delivered an exceptional performance and the team winning the game 44-34 without anyone knowing the significance behind his effort. Coach McDermott announced the loss to the team after the game, and almost immediately after word reached the fans something amazing happened. Bills Mafia started making $17 donations [increments of Allen’s number] to Oishei Children’s Hospital, a hospital that Josh Allen supports and visits. By Monday afternoon the hospital tweeted that $34,650 was donated by Bills fans all over the nation and world. That number just continued to grow. When it was announced that the donations reached $483,000, Josh Allen pledged $17,000 to make it a half million dollars.

At last count it was over 1 million dollars. The hospital dedicated an entire wing to the memory of Patricia Allen. It’s been really heartwarming to see the community rally around a guy like Allen. He’s embraced our city and really feels like he is the future of our franchise. We haven’t had this for 25 years, since the days of Jim Kelly and those great Super Bowl teams of the 1990’s. The Bills took the AFC East title and we won our first playoff game in a quarter of a century this past weekend, and it is like a breath of fresh air around here.

We may not be going to the Super Bowl this year, but we’re pretty confident that this team and it’s QB has definitely turned the corner. It’s nice to feel the buzz around town again, with Bills flags waving proudly. It definitely started when we rallied around Allen. It’s amazing to see what a community can do when it pulls together for a common cause.

Hope we can continue through the playoffs…not because were afraid to lose…because we truly don’t want the season to end. Love our Buffalo Bills!
    • Saar
      Oh this is perfect. I love your take on the challenge. I love the blocking and the page design. I love all the subtile details as well. Beautiful work.
    • bestcee
      I love all the photos you added amongst the papers! It highlights parts of your story without saying a word. Communities rallying really bring out the best in people - I'm glad to see the rally around the QB. Thanks for playing in my challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lilypad Challenges & Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    CindyB
    Date:
    Jan 12, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    243.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).