bjthomas

MOC9-12_ArtJournalDiary_Remembering

MOC9-12_ArtJournalDiary_Remembering
bjthomas, Jan 17, 2021
Description:
Day 12 - Art Journaling Diary

We all have different moments that stand out clearly in our memory... Where we were When the event happened or When we learned about the event, What we were doing, Who we were with... These are the top five newsworthy events that I can remember those specific details. Answering the question of "where were you when..."

October 3, 1995 – Sitting in Psychology class in the basement of Scott Hall. Listening to the verdict being read over the radio.

August 31, 1997 – Heading out on a date, catching the news on the TV in the Krause Hall lobby. Needless to say, the date was postponed.

October 13, 2016 – Scrolling through my newsfeed with my coffee in Vientiane. We were headed across the border to Thailand later that day and wondered if this would affect our crossing at all. When we got to Thailand, everything was being draped in black and there was a somberness that sat heavy in the air. To be in the country that was home to this great monarch was surreal and an honor to mourn along with the nation.

September 11, 2001 – Watching the Today show while Kendall slept. I could barely tear myself away from the news to go pick up Kelsey from school... I remember how silent the sky seemed to be, not realizing how many times planes flew overhead without me ever noticing. I called my mom with the news and she didn’t believe me until she saw it with her own eyes.

January 6, 2021 – The news is always on mute at our office and we were having a new phone system installed. It was lunch time and something caught my eye as I started getting ready to head out. I scoured all the news I could during lunch and when I got back to work, I turned up the volume and couldn’t believe what I was witnessing!

Papers & Elements: Garden Pop Stamped Newsprint (title alpha); April Stuff, August + September Stuff (staples); July Stuff, June Stuff, October Morning, Fresh Start, I Am Blessed, Currently (paint); Authentic (tape); Frostell, The Traveler {Italy}, Life is an Adventure (postage stamps); April Stuff (ruffle); Merry Christmas (book); July Stuff (background paper)
slfam, chastml, MrsPeel and 1 other person like this.
    • Saar
      Wow! Stunning!!
    • MrsPeel
      this is amazing, in that ironic , crazy way scrapbooking makes us turn ugly or sad or not so good things/events into awesome pages for memory.... I remember being awake, it was maybe 2 am here in London, our bedroom was upstairs, we had Sarita's cot near to our bed, she was breast feeding, I couldn;t believe my eyes (Diana)
      and the Towers.... my ex next door neighbor called me, he said are you watching the news> I said no, he sent me to turn my tele on, saying that looked something like Independence Day, something out of fiction...
      The OJ enraged me.....and wont even go into the Capitol thing, we rather keep things out of politics here.... but, what an amazing diary you compsoed here!!!!!!!!
      Fabulous as always!!!!!!
      bjthomas likes this.
    • bjthomas
      @MrsPeel Yes - I wanted to keep things "PC" (non-political), but also knew that I wanted to make sure to document these iconic moments - keeping my opinions out of them and just stating the facts. I agree, not everything that we scrap needs to show the happy or good side of things - that's what scrapbooking is about - to scrap ALL aspects of life.
    • Sokee
      I really LOVE that you incorporated newspaper articles along with your diary entries with your memories of those past times...and current events. the REMEMBERING at the top is the perfect touch. Thank you so much for playing along with my MOC challenge.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    bjthomas
    Date:
    Jan 17, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    306.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).