CathQuillScrap

MOC9-12 AJ Diary

MOC9-12 AJ Diary
CathQuillScrap, Jan 15, 2021
Description:
Layout for MOC9-12 Art Journalling Diary
I used Pink Reptile Designs Scenic Route kit and template and added int he freebie diary. Also used TLP_SummerStories for diary lines.
Fonts are Stampwriter kit for the dates and my own handwriting font for the story.
Journaling reads:
2020/10/09
Our Wyndford weekend has arrived. I fetched Mom just after 7:30 and we were on the road by 8am ... not much traffic and a very easy drive. Only bad bit was the roadworks and detour after Sasolburg for about 30kms. We still managed to get here before the lunch gong (just!).

After lunch we took a stroll down to the gate and back and all around the farm. There are changes but so much still the same. After tea we joined the group and Michael our guide to go on the bench walk... had to take photo of the view looking over Lesotho
as well as us on the bench.

2020/10/10
Those of us who were keen did the walk after breakfast. It was about 2.5km along the bike trail. Therest opted for the tractor ride. On our walk we spotted a snake! Not such a welcoming sight especially when Michael our guide said it was a rinkhals. Makes for an interesting memory. We opted for the tractor ride back... an activity that I hadn't done yet in all the years of coming. Was really fun.

At 4pm Rynhardt led the walk to the twin bridges. It is a lovely walk with two rickety suspension bridges over the Little Caledon River (not tooooo much water flowing). I don't like heights or wobbles so am chuffed to say I did them with no problems... got the photos to prove it! Had supper at 7 then our evening praise with a fun bible quizz
(which Mom and I won!). Finally hot chocolate and bed at 10:30pm. Foot sore but happy.

2020/10/11
Not nearly as adventurous day as yesterday.
Breakfast at 8am and then a stroll down to the chapel for church service at 10am led by Colin Burgess.
There wasn't a guided walk planned, so Mom and I just took a stroll around Wyndford... mainly to get our aching muscles moving. There was even time for a quick nap before lunch.
The weather was building up and the wind was very chilly so we chickened out of the 4pm walk. Instead we sat in the lounge watching the French Open Final with the rest of our group. There was a roaring fire too so we were all very toasty.

2020/10/12
Had breakfast at 8 then our last goodbyes and left Wyndford at 10am. We travelled via Clarens to Bethlehem, filled up with petrol then drove on to Reitz, and Heilbron. We stopped for lunch at the Spur in Heilbron just before 1pm. We arrived at Mom's home just after 3:30.
It is sad that the weekend has come to an end, but also nice to be home too.
chastml likes this.
    • jam-on-toast
      Love your layout. The clean realistic look of it and the fact that you have your own handwriting font.
    • Sokee
      that sounds like a lovely trip! really like how you did the separation of days! The spatter of blue paint! Thank you so much for playing along with my MOC challenge, I hope you had fun creating your layout!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    CathQuillScrap
    Date:
    Jan 15, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    157.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).