Butterfly Basics Word Snippets Little Buttefly Wings
M3 July 2020 Feelings Little Butterfly Wings
Winds of Change Lynn Grieveson
Sing to Me Lynn Grieveson
Turning It Around Lynn Grieveson
535 words
Journaling says:
July 2014
We had been looking into getting another Westie for some time but when Baxter was diagnosed with several health problems we decided to actively look for a puppy. It took us several months but we finally found him. Lucky. When I saw the first photo of him I had a very special feeling that he was the dog for us! It took two hours to drive out to where he lived. It was a place we had never been before. Nothing but flat and farmland as far as the eye could see! We went to visit him and he was even more cute in person! He was (and still is) shy and was hiding under a bench because he didn't know us and because he just happens to be a timid doggie. We got him out so we could visit with him and see what he was like. Each of us held him and one of my thoughts was he would be the dog for us if he looked us each in the face. Each one of us held him and when we did he looked each one of us in the face. I knew he was the right dog for us! I took a couple of pictures of him with the girls so we could look at them while we were waiting for him to be old enough to come home with us. I looked at those photos many many times in the next few days. We took a vacation the week before we brought him home. I was dead tired from our vacation but was so excited to go pick him up! When we went to pick him up we were all so very excited. Ava wanted him to be "her" dog so we let her hold him most of the way home. Laney was not happy about this. I was kinda jealous too as I had held Skits when we brought him home. As puppies do...he did a lot of sleeping. Skits didn't like him at all when we brought him home but he soon warmed up to him. He loved his kennel right away. He was a typical Westie and didn't want to learn to go potty outside. I trained him with lunchmeat to learn his name and he surely got that part right! He comes whenever we call him. I will be doing that trick with all of our dogs in the future! It was exhausting having a puppy...like having a baby. He didn't want to sleep at night but wanted to get up and play. Ava tried having him in her room with her at first but she didn't know how to handle dealing with him wanting to play at night so we took him in with us. Skits would growl at him when he would try to play letting him know that it was time to sleep! Corey would put his hand on him and not let him move so he could do nothing but lay down and sleep. He wasn't happy about it at all! But soon he was sleeping through the night and he settled into our family so nicely. I cannot imagine life without him.
    • mcurtt
      What a cutie! Great journaling about your beginning days with Lucky.
    • Saar
      Oh what an awesome layout. The photos are so cute!
    • bestcee
      Love your journaling about Lucky bringing home lucky! The little details like looking you in the face, and wanting to play all night really add to the story. Thanks for playing in my challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    jenmaddocks
    Date:
    Jan 13, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    444.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1000px
    Height:
    1000px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).