Bec

MOC8-day10 Altered Tags

MOC8-day10 Altered Tags
Bec, Jan 13, 2020
Description:
The tags show the four meds my son takes to treat his juvenile psoriatic arthritis.
Created with Bright Side by The Lilypad designers, That's Life: The Everyday Elements from Bella Gypsy, Stay Paw-sitive by Becca Bonneville, Journey '11 from the Art Journal Caravan™ Workshop Expedition 2011 {Self-Study} by Tangie Baxter and the MOC 2020 Blank Tag by Rachel Jefferies
    • cinna
      This is such a cool take on the tag challenge!
    • SeattleSheri
      I love the tags hanging from his fingers in the photo. Hopefully the meds help him with his arthritis.
    • AnneofAlamo
      Bec! One of the reasons I love MOC is I get to me wowed by my scrapping idol! I seriously love this page so much! I blown away at his fingers holding the tags perfetly and the shadows! I bow at your feet in wow!
    • cfile
      This is so unique Bec! I love that you hooked the strings from the tags on his fingers ... a real out of the frame style to the challenge. Sorry your Ben has to take these meds.. I hope that the meds help him.. He is a handsome young man. Love the photo of him and that dark blue background. Beautiful page!
    • BLKinOR
      @Bec Oh, my. I love the tags hanging from his fingers. I'm relatively new as a digital scrapper and I have no idea what to use as a search term to learn how to do that. Somehow I don't think "how to scrap tags hanging from fingers" will cut it. Would you be so kind as to direct me to the correct search terms? Of course I'd jump for a tutorial but any hints would help. Thanks for any direction you would offer.
    • Bec
      I'm sorry @BLKinOR I really don't know what to call this technique. I was kind of just making things up as I went. I knew I wanted the tags to hang some how and his fingers were a bit of a hidden message. He was making the V for victory symbols and because the arthritis affects his hands he was showing off how much he has improved by the fact that he can hold his hands like that. Maybe have a look at out of bound photo techniques. That's probably closest to what I did. I worked with 2 layers of the photo. Put the tags and strings in between then erased all of the top photo except the parts of his fingers that went over the strings, then sorted out the shadows to try and make it look like the tags were handing out of the photo. Hope that helps :)
      BLKinOR likes this.
    • BLKinOR
      @Bec What you have written gives me a place to start, thank you. This will not likely be something I will try during MOC but I’m really hoping to give it a try sometime this year... Thank you.
    • jenn mccabe
      holy cow this is so amazing! most creative page i've seen so far! made love for this page! and extra hugs for your dear brave son! beautiful work!
    • AnEnglishLady
      I love how it looks like Ben is actually holding the tags. So cool! The wings work well with the dark blue background and create a nice curve, with the tags, along the horizontal and draw the eyes to Ben’s fingers
      #MOC8-10 #alteredtags
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    Bec
    Date:
    Jan 13, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    247.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).