bjthomas

MOC8-17_Hindsight_Goat

MOC8-17_Hindsight_Goat
bjthomas, Jan 19, 2020
Description:
January 17 Hindsight is 20/20

Project Mouse (Wilderness) by Sahlin Studio (button, flowers, label); Hello by Pink Reptile Designs (red flower); It’s Not Just Black ‘N White by Pink Reptile Designs (button); Field Trip by Sahlin Studio (butterfly); Away We Go by Allison Pennington (arrows); Things That Matter Most collab by The Lilypad Designers (circle doodle); Today by Little Butterfly Wings (banner, leaves); Explore by LynneMarie (washi tape, branch, mountain background); Destination Adventure by Pink Reptile Designs (binoculars); 2020 by Forever Joy (gold berries); You Are Here by Allison Pennington (flower); Capturing Fall collab by The Lilypad Designers (leaves); Rainy Days & Mondays by Allison Pennington (flower); Start Here by Sara Gleason (splatter); All About Me collab by The Lilypad Designers (paint); Camp Out by Kristin Aagard (papers); Today is the Day by Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs

journaling: (393 words)
They say hindsight is 20/20 … I sure hope that’s true, because apparently foresight isn’t working so well for me.
When my parents came to visit us in Montana for the first time, we knew that Glacier National Park was definitely in the plans. Thank goodness we were there on a beautiful sunny day! We got to the top of Logan’s Pass and the men took off on a hike – to see how far they could go. My mom, Carly and I followed slowly behind and eventually the two of them decided they needed to stop. After resting for a bit, I decided to go on to try to meet up with the guys. I continued to take my time, admiring the beauty, keeping my eyes peeled for any kind of wildlife that I might encounter (bear spray at the ready). I saw that there was a crowd gathered ahead looking at something in the distance… I tried looking in the direction they were looking but couldn’t see anything. I got the binoculars out to try to get a closer look and thought that maybe I saw some mountain goats way off on the side of one of the rocky mountains. I pulled out my camera and snapped some pictures, deciding that I would zoom in later to see if I could see them a bit more clearly. And then I kept going. I turned the corner and was impressed that there was still a patch of snow on the ground on this warm July day. But I didn’t stop to admire it, I had a goal in mind and wanted to keep moving. As I passed the patch of snow, the people coming from the other direction were stopping and taking pictures. I wondered why on earth they would take pictures of snow… maybe they hadn’t seen snow in person… who knows. I decided to turn around to get a better look, maybe it was a good photo-op after all. And then I saw them. Not way up on a mountain top. No binoculars necessary. Just three or four white mountain goats sunbathing in that patch of snow! I was laughing so hard at myself by this point and had to grab a selfie to document how on earth I missed what was right in front of my face the whole time.
chastml likes this.
    • Aussiegirl
      Love the silhouette border image and the circle on your photo drawing your eye to that part of the story! LOVE the overall look of this page!
    • EHStudios
      HA! At least you eventually spotted them! Love your design! The greens with your blue sky are gorgeous!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    bjthomas
    Date:
    Jan 19, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    144 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).