Moc8 #17 Hindsight is 20/20

Moc8 #17 Hindsight is 20/20
Anny-Libelle, Jan 18, 2020
Description:
I used:
Noted Mini kit by Sabrinas Creations
A little peculiar by Little Butterfly Wings
Have courage and be kind elements by Little Butterfly Wings

English is not my native language and my english skills are not good enough to write such a long text flawlessly. So I wrote my text in German and I used Google Translator to help to show the meaning of the text for you. Please excuse a few mistakes. :blush

"When I look back, there are certainly some situations in my life, which would fit the topic "Hindsight is 20/20". But first I thought that I had to lose a job first, that I can now work where I belong and feel really comfortable.

I have to explain that for health reasons I learned a new profession again in my mid-30s and didn't find a new job for a while. I was alone with my 2 young children often, because my husband worked on assembly and was only at home on weekends. That didn't make the whole thing easier.

However, a lecturer from my training recommended me to an employer and I was actually selected and hired after my application, interview, and trial work.

It was a huge change for me, as I had never worked in this industry before. I had to become an organizational genius with my children, to have always someone for them, since I had no regular working hours and sometimes had to work very early and other days very long. But I enjoyed it, even though it was really hard sometimes.

But I enjoyed being part of a team again, needed and valued, even though it was really tough at times.

After two years something changed within the company and several jobs were lost, unfortunately also mine. I was infinitely sad and cried a lot and could not imagine that I would find a job again so quickly. How did I miss my job and my colleagues.

After three months I heard from a small company in the neighboring town they were looking for someone in the job that I had learned. I applied, introduced myself and was ultimately accepted because I persisted and kept asking.

I have been working in this company for 13 years now, have regular working hours, a work area that I manage independently and very nice bosses and colleagues. My work is appreciated and I feel completely comfortable. I only have a 15-minute drive to my office and was able to look after my children again in the afternoon or wake up early in the morning.

If I look at it retrospectively, I am really grateful and happy today to have lost my other job in 2007. Otherwise I would not be where I am today."
chastml likes this.
    • *gina*
      fantastic page - love the design and the journaling - great work
    • EHStudios
      First off, this design is so perfect! Second, I love that you can see now that the job loss was a great one for you! Love your story!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    Anny-Libelle
    Date:
    Jan 18, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    176.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).