Marjoleine

MOC7 2019 January 20: Storytelling

MOC7 2019 January 20: Storytelling
Marjoleine, Jan 20, 2019
Description:
This tattoo has been on my wish list since forever! I love the drawing, the colors, this was love at first sight. I've always been drawn to Dia de los Muertos, or the Day of the Dead because of the vibrant colors, and the deeper meaning. It sounds a little morbid but it's not, in fact there is nothing morbid about this holiday.

For the last day in October and the first two days in November, death isn’t something to be feared. Instead, death is seen as a natural cycle of life. And Dia de los Muertos helps the living celebrate the loved ones who have died. People paint their faces to look like skulls, decorating it to represent a deceased loved one or an expression of themselves.

This multi-day holiday focuses on gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember friends and family members who have died, and help support their spiritual journey. This tradition includes festivals and parades, as well as gatherings of families at cemeteries to pray for their deceased loved ones at the end of the day.

How beautiful is it that people gather every year to celebrate their loved ones. I think we could all learn something from this wonderful tradition.

NBK Design - Strength of a Woman
blueberries likes this.
    • jesskab
      Such a beautiful image. Thank you for telling the story of this traditional celebration. Thank you so much for joining the storytelling challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    Marjoleine
    Date:
    Jan 20, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    247.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).