jaharvey

MOC6 Day 26 A Fish Tale

MOC6 Day 26 A Fish Tale
jaharvey, Jan 28, 2018
Description:
Journaling (237 words): Back in 1966, mom was pregnant with me and didn’t think I was due until August. I guess they figured this might be the last time they could get to Loon Lake near Ashcroft, BC to do some fishing before I came along. And they were staying in a cabin, so it would be pretty comfortable for mom. But sometimes things don’t go as planned. One day, dad and my brothers were out on the lake. They had just turned off the walkie-talkies and were preparing to come in when my mom’s water broke. So there’s my mom, standing at the side of the lake, waving her arms and trying to get them to come in quickly. When they got to the dock, my brothers stayed at the cabin while my dad drove mom to the nearest hospital in Ashcroft, a mile away along a dirt road, with mom focused on not having me on the way. Mom and I stayed at the hospital for a couple days. My brothers say this was the best time they’d ever had with dad. Without mom there, they had fish for every meal. When we did go home, I apparently slept the whole way (about 7 hours of driving) and then my dad called the neighbours to come over and see the fish he caught during their time away at the lake. I think I was a pretty good catch.

A Fish Tale font: Beautiful Struggle All Caps
Date & journaling font: My Underwood
Papers: Foundation: Subfloors (Allison Pennington)
Various elements: Outdoorsy: On the Lake (Kristin Aagard)
Papers: Outdoorsy: Camping (Kristin Aagard)
String: Outdoorsy: Hiking (Kristin Aagard)
Staple: It's A Zoo | Elements (Pink Reptile Designs)
Template: Double Monthly Challenge Template 7 (retired, by Scrapping with Liz)
    • designbylime
      I love your journaling and what a great story! Those photos are wonderful
      jaharvey likes this.
    • Iowan
      Good catch, and fun title how fun and perfect kit choice. I enjoyed reading your story about the interesting birth. Thanks for taking the heritage challenge!!
      jaharvey likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    jaharvey
    Date:
    Jan 28, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    188.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).