KAPOH

MOC6-Day-#21-My-Happy

MOC6-Day-#21-My-Happy
KAPOH, Jan 21, 2018
Description:
JOURNALING:
My Happy
THANKSGIVING, 2009
I had lost my “perfect” Shih Tzu and NEEDED a doggie fix, so I volunteered at the local Humane Society.
DISASTER!
The breeder of my perfect Shih Tzu wasn’t going to have any pups until spring.
DESPERATE!
I looked on-line and found a 4-month old Yorkshire Terrier/Chinese Crested mix that had been rescued from an Amish puppy mill. She was at a home about 40 miles east.
RESCUED!
Unfortunately, my first reaction when I saw her was "she has such a big nose!" (I'd been used to the flat faces of Shih Tzus for 30 years.) "And where's her tail?!" (Her tail had been docked way too short.) But, my mother was looking at her like she was the most wonderful thing she could imagine. "Pennie" came home with us.
And it didn't take me long to fall in love with her personality, that ornery, yappy terrier was the most loving dog I've ever known. And the smartest.
WHO RESCUED WHOM?
Shortly after she came into our hearts, I found this poem on-line that described things perfectly. I could have written it myself:
"A Stump For A Tail
You can't buy loyalty, they say,
I bought it though, the other day;
You can't buy friendship, tried and true,
Well, just the same, I bought that too.
I made my bid, and on the spot
Bought love and faith and a whole job lot
Of happiness, so all in all
The purchase price was pretty small.
I bought a single, trusting heart,
That gave devotion from the start.
If you think these things are not for sale,
Buy a brown-eyed puppy with a stump for a tail."
"Happiness is a warm puppy."

CREDITS: POEM: author unknown; QUOTE: Charles Schulz; PUP PIC: on-line; ADULT DOG PIC: me; KITS: Hello Handsome by Little Butterfly Wings; Fresh Baked and Maggie's Farm by Kristin Aagard; Night Before Christmas by Kate Hadfield; FONT: Arial
lcpereyra and KarenB like this.
    • Pups_r_Paps
      This is the sweetest story about your very sweet pup, Pennie. I LOVE that poem - are you SURE you didn't write it? <VBG>
    • lcpereyra
      Amazing storytelling journaling and such a great page showcasing your love. Thanks for playing along with the challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    KAPOH
    Date:
    Jan 21, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    134 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    495px
    Height:
    640px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).