our life and us word strips from This Crazy Life by Amber LaBau
Trololo Red Alpha by Just Jaimee
Stitched Down Dates by Lynn Grieveson
License Plate Metal Alpha by Paula Kesselring
heart scatter from You Make My Heart Sing by Dawn Inskip
foliage and tape from Family Matters by Allison Pennington
family word strip from TMC Nov16 by Mommyish

My journaling (432 words):
Then: January 2008 Robert was 38, I was 36, Rhiannon was 7, Caroline was 4, and Ian was 1
So much changes in a decade! This month ten years ago our activities were mostly whole family and with FAHA. Back then, I just said, “Today we’re going to . . . ” Now I usually ask, “Would you like to . . . ?” Our house has changed a lot. Then we had white walls, toys scattered everywhere, bookshelves full of books and kids’ stuff lining the walls, and kids’ artwork displayed. Now we have colorful walls, some different furniture, and more tidiness. One piece of furniture has remained: the dining table. But back then, see how Ian climbed on it and played under it! Now it has different activities, like Pathfinder games. Technology has progressed a lot too! Then, our computers were so clunky and couldn’t do as much as the ones we have today. And we were almost 6 years away from trading in those little flip phones, which I barely used and often forgot to charge, for the smartphones that have now enriched the last 4 years of our lives. I miss the snuggly sleeping together back then. Now we only rarely have a child in our bed, and it’s not as comfortable because he has gotten so big! Eating is even different. Less messy now. Back then, I had to prepre everything. Now all the kids can make their own meals. The kids’ activities have changed. Then there was more imaginative play. Now they don’t play with toys and they are becoming accomplished in their talents. We have traveled less. We used to go to San Diego every other year back then, but now we just went for the first time in 5 years! Coincidentally, both these Januaries the leaves got raked. Back then it was a family activity though, and now Rhiannon did it with her friends. A big change has been in my photography. Then I had yet to even consider the possibiility of being a fabulous photographer. Now I could probably go pro if I had the business gumption. I was more of a shutterbug back then too, snapping photos with my Sony Cybershot point and shoot camera. Now I’m more mindful and usually end up with fewer pictures, but better quality. And of course we all look a lot different. Then, Robert was the tallest. Now Rhiannon is. I couldn’t have predicted half the changes of the last decade. So I don’t try to predict the next. I just look forward to it with optimism.
    • Serena
      Aww this is soooo neat! I really like the differences you pointed out, and if I am not mistaken (which I might be..) isn't that the comfy couch you did a layout on once? Either way, these are great photos with great shots!
    • michelepixels
      Indeed, @Serena , I have made a few layouts about my favorite chair. It's a big comfy "chair and a half." Thank you!
      Serena likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    michelepixels
    Date:
    Jan 31, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    202.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1000px
    Height:
    500px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).