KAPOH

MOC4-#6

MOC4-#6
KAPOH, Jan 6, 2016
Description:
SONG: After All
BAND & ALBUM: Inertia
JOURNALING: FROM REPRISE RECORDS: The legendary band Inertia's eponymous farewell LP, which dropped January 1, is a fitting coda for lead singer KAPOH and her backup singers, The Howling Dogs. With the usual mix of styles we've come to expect, the Dogs are turned loose on "Scrappin' and Rappin." and the hilarious parody of the Carrie Underwood hit "Before He Cheats," called "Before He Eats."
But, it is with the quintessential KAPOH blues ballads that this album hits its peak. From her cover of the Sinatra classic "In The Wee Small Hours," to her own "Century of Living," "Missing You," and the country-tinged "I've Forgotten More Than You'll Ever Know" and "After All," you will be transported to a 1950's smoky saloon, tinkling piano playing softly in the background, "Joe" yelling, "last call," and a young blond with trench coat slung over her shoulder, walking slowly out into the dark night - alone. Set 'em up, one more time.
CREDITS: KITS: Birthday Love by Laurie Ann; 2016 Manifesto by Little Butterfly Wings; FONTS: Old English; OldNewspaperType; Luna; some images from web
KarenB and MrsPeel like this.
    • AnneofAlamo
      aw, I love the ending and got great visuals, and seriously laughed hard at Before He Eats...lol
    • jenn mccabe
      OMG! i love it ... you created an album full of songs. you ARE awesome! this is funny and just so amazing! i adore the idea to do a write-up news article on it! and that album cover could actually be on the cover of an album - it is that cool! well done!
      MrsPeel likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      LOVE LOVE and love a bit more this!!!!!! your journaling is so amazing and so much fun!!!!!!!!!! super witty, love love love it!!!!!!!!! the page is super clever and beautifully composed, love the bits you used, the tittle font is perfect, love your take on this challenge!!!![​IMG]
    • fruitysuet
      I just LOVE the way you approached your journaling and page. So much thought put into the text. Made me giggle.
    • carrie1977
      Look at you! Putting the rest of us to shame! So creative!
    • Pups_r_Paps
      This is sensational. I LOVE how you've created a newspaper review for the latest LP from KAPOH and the Howling Dogs! You've used industry terms to give it authenticity. You've created a wonderful little world and invited us to join in - great job.
    • redplaid3
      Such great writing! Wow! Super duper job.
    • KarenB
      Oh I love how you did this. So clever! Great take on the challenge :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    KAPOH
    Date:
    Jan 6, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    132.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    495px
    Height:
    640px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).