KAPOH

MOC4-#21

MOC4-#21
KAPOH, Jan 21, 2016
Description:
Each side has an element touching it: left & top-frame; right & bottom-scribble

JOURNALING:
The 2016 U.S. National Figure Skating Championships crowned their Junior Men medalists 1/20/16. My three favorites were on the podium!
Paolo Borromeo (right), won the pewter medal. I first saw him in Boston in 2014 where he received standing ovations for both his short and long programs on his way to the Novice Gold Medal.
Tomoki Hiwatashi (second from left) skated his short program Jan. 19th to "I Feel Good." And he certainly did, winning that segment. The next night, on his 16th birthday, he became "Charlie Chaplin" and completed an opening triple Axel, his first ever in competition. He claimed the Junior Gold Medal to go along with his previous golds: Juvenile (2011), Intermediate (2012) and Novice (2013).
I first met Kevin Shum's mother in Greensboro NC in 2011 on a spectator's bus going to the Novice Men's competition. She seemed a bit dazed as she told us her son, Kevin, (left) was a last minute replacement for an injured skater and they barely had time to realize what was happening before they were off from California for Kevin's first "Nationals." Even with a "deer-in-the-headlights" look about him, he put out a good effort and finished 9th. Now all grown up and an MIT student, Kevin won his second straight Junior Silver Medal, skating to Rachmaninov.
Rounding out the podium is Aleksei Krasnozhon (second right) who came from a 7th place short to capture the Bronze Medal.

CREDITS: PHOTO: Icenetwork; KITS: 2016 Manifesto and Just Breathe by Little Butterfly Wings; Winter Games and Weekend at Home by Kate Hadfield; FONT: Comic Sans
yzerbear19, KarenB and cfile like this.
    • jenevang
      How cool that you scrap your passion like this! I love this frame and your page is just great!
    • cfile
      Beautiful page.. I was reading and smiling :) I love watching Ice Skating, but haven't in a while. So glad to see your scrapping about it!!!
    • KarenB
      Love your page and that little skate embelishment is so sweet :)
    • Pups_r_Paps
      Such great memories captured on your page.
    • Danyale
      This turned out fabulous, I have missed catching up on so many wonderful sports stories you always shared (bad Danyale :doh34). I love how you shared a great photo and the story, really brings the monemt back to life. Very special ♥
    • DixieDoesPSP
      I love all the information you included on this page. For those of us that really dont know anything about Ice skating but love it anyway. I can tell how much you enjoy the sport!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    KAPOH
    Date:
    Jan 21, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    132.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    640px
    Height:
    495px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).