MOC26selfie

MOC26selfie
michelepixels, Jan 28, 2020
Description:
paper from A Little Damaged Vol.5 by Amy Wolff
number stamp, staples from Karma 3 by EtcByDanyale & Little Butterfly Wings
leaves, tags, trim, flowers, ribbon, notebook from Karma 5 by Etc & LBW

451 words:
Journaling is easy for me, though sometimes for a challenge like this it takes some time to decide what story to record. I don’t mind selfies either, making them pretty regularly. In fact, one idea I had for this page was to gather selfies I’ve made over the years, dating back to before the digital age, when I had to turn my 35mm point and shoot camera around and shoot blindly. No, this challenge didn’t bother me. I’m only late doing it because my weekends are pretty much devoted to the box office these days.
I have ambivalence regarding this. I’m very grateful I was given the opportunity just over a year ago. It’s hard for a person to return to employment after “staying at home” for over a decade and a half. And I enjoy just about everything about the job. But I don’t like that I spend so much less time with my kids now. They are all teenagers, and have their dad a lot of that time, yes. But it has been hard to transition from being available to them ALL the time to being out of touch for about 25 hours every week.
What do these photos have to do with this story? This is what my lunch break looks like. I spend the time (which always feels too short) in my van. As an introvert, I need to really get away from it all for my break. I’m super comfortable in my van. I spend hours in it on my family days too, waiting for the kids while they’re in their activities. The sandwich in the photos is a less common lunch; I’ve been enjoying hummus a lot, with different kinds of chips each week. Recently, to go with the granola I like, I realized I could bring along yogurt to soften it like I do with milk at home (less messy) or sprinkle it in those little fruit cups. I’d also like to point out my rainbow Yang2020 Humanity First button on my purse. I have also changed the way I park in this parking lot, so my Yang bumper stickers are visible. Hopefully, I’m quietly influencing some voters.
As for the facial expressions, I was just trying to get a variety. But I imagine the one on the left is how I look most often. The upper right looks like I’m pondering what I want to do, and in the lower right I look like I’ve figured it out and love my idea!
I was thinking about journaling about how I still have a dream of working at the library. That’s something I am pondering a lot and hope to figure out this year.
gonewiththewind and chastml like this.
    • Aussiegirl
      Love the large journaling space and how you described your selfie journey! Love all the expressions you captured for this page!
    • gonewiththewind
      Hi! As I'm running out of time before the final MOC8 deadline, I'm stopping quickly to let you know that your layout meets the Youer Than You Challenge requirements. I'll be back later to really enjoy reading your page and at that time I'll leave you a lovely comment. :) Thanks for being patient and thanks for playing in my challenge! ((HUGS)) Cheryl
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    michelepixels
    Date:
    Jan 28, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    379.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1000px
    Height:
    1000px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).