jwalls39

MOC2018 - Jan 11 On This Day (Journaling Challenge)

MOC2018 - Jan 11 On This Day (Journaling Challenge)
jwalls39, Jan 21, 2018
Description:
Journaling reads:

So what makes this day so important? It’s the day I became a MOM! (actually, we were supposed to meet on September 28th, but I guess you were busy doing your own thing). The strangest thing about being pregnant was that I never felt any real connection to you. I had seen so many moms talking to their bellies, cooing to their unborn child, actually feeling true emotion. But me? I didn’t feel anything really. You were this alien inside of me that got hiccups all the time. This concerned me...(the detachment...not the hiccups...those were just annoying). I was so afraid that I wouldn’t feel that instant connection and immediate, all-consuming love once you were born (that’s some pretty scary stuff to mull over).
I had so many preconceived notions while I was pregnant with you...so many things I said I would and would not do. Things like “I’m not going to let the baby sleep with us”...”I’m only going to nurse for 6 months”...yada yada yada. Yeah well...that flew out the window the moment I saw you. You DID sleep right next to me for the first six months (thanks, Dr. Sears) AND you nursed for 13 months!
You were such an alert baby! You came into this world wide-eyed and ready to go! You did make me a bit nervous tho’. I had never baby-sat...had never even held a baby (we’re talking super newbie here!). We muddled through ok, tho’. You weren’t particularly fond of being changed with regards to clothing so you pretty much spent the first month or so in gowns (which was fine with me!). Your Maudie helped me take care of you the first few weeks which I was so thankful for!
(new babies can be a bit overwhelming for new mommies!)
You were truly an angel. So smart and beautiful (just like you are now). You were also quite the little chunker too! 20 pounds at 4 months! I mean, look at those cheeks! This picture was taken later on in your first year, but you definitely had some rolls...and those cheeks? You were born with them!
Sydney, you were an amazing baby and have grown into an amazing young woman. 10/4/97 will always be an important day in my life because of you!​

Credits:
Lynn Grieveson - Design Story Template #1
Pink Reptile Designs - Carefree Papers & Elements
Fonts: Arizona Outline & Barn Dance
Mylinn likes this.
    • Mylinn
      Love the journaling! Also like how you placed the text and photo on the page.
    • LynnG
      Such a lovely page and wonderful journaling :-)
    • busywoman139
      Great page; love the kraft-type fonts! The date caught my eye because 10/4 is my birthday also!! :)
    • HeatherB
      Loved reading the journaling - so heartfelt - great storytelling! And love that photo of you and Sydney, she's darling! Beautifully scrapped. Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    jwalls39
    Date:
    Jan 21, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    225.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).