MOC2018-1-26Tradition-HeritageWEB

MOC2018-1-26Tradition-HeritageWEB
GaDawg83, Feb 1, 2018
Description:
MOC2018-TraditionHeritage-AnnieRuth1973
Kits: Outdoorsy & Evening Glow by Kristin Aagard
Font-DJB A Big Heart
Journaling:
My Uncle sent me this photo of my maternal Grandmother, and it instantly sent me back to 1973. I grew up on Long Island, NY, where my father worked for the airlines and we were blessed to be able to fly stand-by for free. All our vacations and spare time centered around flying to my mother’s homestead in NW Florida, where most of her very-extended and close knit family still resided. Everyone in the area knew her as “Aunt Annie RUth” and she was humble, kind and sweet-spirited to the N-th degree. She was the wife of a hard-working (and very opinionated!) dirt farmer, and mother to 6 with all that entails on a farm. Her very favorite thing to do on a rare afternoon with free time was to go fishing at her best friend Susie’s fish pond up the road from the old house and “drown a few worms”, maybe catching enough for a fish fry dinner. From a very early age she would take as many of us cousins along as would fit in the back of the old pickup truck (with no seatbelts, or even seats, I might add!!) In 1973 I was 12 years old and able to spend several weeks of my summer vacation alone down there. It quickly became my favorite activity to go fishing with her. She tought me most of what I know about fishing, nature, life on a farm and life in general. To this day I still love being outdoors, and we take every chance we can to fish-always dedicating a few worms to cherished memories with Grandma. This One's for Annie Ruth.

275 words
    • Iowan
      Lovely page here and awesome memory keeping. Thanks for taking the heritage challenge!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    GaDawg83
    Date:
    Feb 1, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    444.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).