GaDawg83

MOC2018-1-17Username-WEB

MOC2018-1-17Username-WEB
GaDawg83, Jan 17, 2018
Description:
Journaling
I will begin by saying it is not very original, except for the fact that I do not live in Georgia any longer and it does get a LOT of attention out here in Longhorn and Aggie country!
We moved to Georgia from New York, where I was born and raised, midway through my Junior year in High School. Needless to say it was a traumatic time for a teenager. I was lucky enough to attend the University of Georgia where I made many new and life-long friends. This happened to be during the exciting time of their National Football Championship run in 1980, and I have been a loyal “Junkyard Dawg” fan ever since. I realize I am seriously dating myself!!
When we moved to Texas in early 2000, I needed a meaningful online moniker for the emails and messengers, and GaDawg83 (the year I graduated) helped me to identify with the folks back home. It stuck, and when I discovered the world of digital scrapping (late to the game I admit-after being a long time paper scrapper), I needed a log in name for the multitudes of stores, it became my go-to as it is usually available and easy for me to remember.
I started from scratch, never having done more than emails, messaging, and of course Pinterest on a computer. I’ve been lurking around forums for a few years now doing my best to learn and improve a scrapping routine. I have made it a personal goal to jump WAY out of my comfort zone and get active in a forum, and I’ve found it to be a wonderful experience that is fun, inspiring and educational (not including the anxiety and panic-inducing stress levels of the challenges!). I’ve had several wonderful folks reach out to me because they recognized the name from other sites that are no longer around, so I’m thinking the name is different and memorable enough to keep!

PS: UGA lost a gut-wrencher to Alabama 26-23 in the final seconds of this year’s National Championship game on Jan 8, 2018, but it was a GREAT season and it was so much fun cheering them on at work (I work most weekends) and having a whole new group of Dawg fans in my co-workers and patients cheering with me!
With Love, from deep in the heart of Texas, Go Dawgs! Photo of my Badge holder "Not a Green Bay G!!"

Fonts: Journaling:I Miss You, GaDawg83-JandaManatee
Kits: It's A Theory-Etc by Danyale
Storyteller Aug 2014 by Just Jamie
Camp Out by Kristin Aagard
All the Feels (heart stamp) by Valorie Wibbens
Epoxy style from Storyteller 2015- Just Jamie
Public domain clip art
Mylinn and mcurtt like this.
    • bestcee
      I love your badge holder! That's a great resolution to decide to be active in the forum! What a cool story to decide on how you created your name. GA girl forever! Thanks for sharing and playing in my challenge.
    • Serena
      I'm SO glad you decided to become active and that you picked our forum to do so, this is SUCH a great and wonderful place to spread your wings too, I should know, I was completely shy and totally scared to post myself. Also, was a former deep in the heart of Texas girl myself! :) Glad to get to know you! I really like the striped paper and how you have it framed out here!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    GaDawg83
    Date:
    Jan 17, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    326.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).