MOC10 Jan 26 - Remembrance
My journaling includes 430 Words
Credits:
Allison Pennington & Jenn Barrette_Once Upon An Imagination Collab
NBK Design_Intuitive_Paper Pack - Vintage Solids
Paula Kesselring_Vintage Love Elements
Font is Remember

Journaling:
My grandmother was not just a grandmother to me. She was my best friend, my hero, my shoulder to lean on and so much more. Losing her was one of the worst moments of my life. Growing up I stayed with her the most because my parents were divorced and my mom was trying to get through college while working two full time jobs. I also went to school a few blocks up from her house. She took great care of me and taught me so many things. Everyone loved her cooking and baking. I have some of her recipes that I make sometimes. I loved the nights when we would bake bread. She would give me my own mini loaves to make on my own. She was also well-known for crocheting. She would even make her own patterns. She showed me how to crochet too. She loved her cats and had two of her own. Her favorite color was purple. She was addicted to Victor Newman on The Young and the Restless and my grandfather would always tease her about it. She also liked to watch The Twilight Zone late at night since she was a night-owl and slept in every morning. She was the one who sat up many late nights when my father was supposed to pick me up but never showed up. She raised seven children of her own, including a set of twins. Even after having all those children and responsibilities, she never got her driver’s license. Since she didn’t drive anywhere, when I got older I was always the one to take her here and there. We would go on many adventures. It’s funny how someone that never had a driver’s license knew how to get to so many different places. One regular place that I will always remember is taking her to all of her Mothers of Twins Club meetings. All of her friends there loved me and she would always tell all of us that I was going to be the next one in the family to have a set of twins. Laughing it off then, I’m now amazed that she ended up being right! I’m so sad that she passed away four years before I gave birth to my beautiful set of twins. I so badly wanted my children to know her and how wonderful she was. I am proud that I got to raise my twins in the same house that she raised hers! I just wish that she was here for the journey with me. I miss her terribly.
    • cfile
      Megan, what a beautiful tribute to your Grandmother. I smiled as I read as a lot of the qualities and memories of your sweet Grandmother reminded me of my maternal Grandmother as well. I giggled re VN young & restless reference as my Grandmother watched it too... it was my Grandfather (who had had a stroke) told me & my mother to watch Y&R in 1973, and we/I have watched it since! I smiled too as my Grandma did not get a license either. I am so glad you have these wonderful memories and moments with a wonderful lady. How special that she said you would have twins, and you did, and that you are bringing them up in the same house :) Wonderful page. Your Grandmother was a beautiful woman. I love the vintage/heritage style elements you chose to accent the photo of her :) Thank you for playing along with the MOC day 26 rememberance/tribute challenge!
    • meganmecrazy
      Awww, this comment is everything @cfile :heartslub This just made my day!!! Love that we have so many similarities with our maternal grandmothers. And how funny that ever since then I have watched Y&R too!! :love
      cfile likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 10
    Uploaded By:
    meganmecrazy
    Date:
    Feb 2, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    250.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).